Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been using an app called TrakStats.
Worst time was 5.5 best was 4.9.. seems accurate,works off GPS and motion detector in the phone. best part is its hands free... with some practice I think 4.7-4.8 is doable.. FYI: car has plug in module and GP1 pedal booster.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
How did you launch her?
Left foot braking till 4000RPM?
Did you get any wheel spin?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
What plug in ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AWD. Left foot brake to 3500 rpm, on launch I fed the throttle to wide open.. all subsequent shifts were at 5200 rpm and WOT. No wheel spin. Plug in is from TDI Tuning, claimed HP at the crank is 339.. which seems spot on given the 0-60 time and the cars GVW..

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Are you happy with TDI Tuning? I guess they are a reputable company after going on their site. So that is just plug and go. I'm interested but I'm waiting for EuroCompulsion to see what they come up with.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you happy with TDI Tuning? I guess they are a reputable company after going on their site. So that is just plug and go. I'm interested but I'm waiting for EuroCompulsion to see what they come up with.
Yes I am happy with TDI. However it should be mentioned that this unit and the ECU don't get along very well when you are in redline for extended periods of time. A TCU code will display as well as limp mode. I have learned to adapt and avoid multiple redline shifts.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Aah, that's a deal breaker for me. I'll wait for EuroCompulsion.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just did a few launches in automatic...pitiful
Best time was 7.7.... there is no doubt that while automatic is good, manual is the way to go ...I cant see tracking the car in auto.. unless you are working on lines/ apexes etc... but for maximum corner exit you have to be manual.. even with the early redline.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
AWD. Left foot brake to 3500 rpm, on launch I fed the throttle to wide open.. all subsequent shifts were at 5200 rpm and WOT. No wheel spin. Plug in is from TDI Tuning, claimed HP at the crank is 339.. which seems spot on given the 0-60 time and the cars GVW..
Assuming 310 crank HP stock and 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds, an extra 29HP should get you to about 4.7 seconds (making some assumptions about the shape of the power curve improvement).
WOT in first should be able to spin the wheels, but the non-disable-able traction control won't allow it. You are probably losing a little bit of time by using WOT in 1st.

Note that Consumer Reports came up with 0 to 60 in 6.7 seconds presumably in auto without left foot braking, while you got 7.7 seconds (typo for 5.7 seconds?). Something isn't right.

I seem to remember at least one other forum member reporting a stock Q4 getting 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds in auto with left foot braking and 3/4 throttle in first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts