Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the feeling. It's a gorgeous summer night (like they have been this past week up here in New York State), and you decide around 8:15pm to go for a stroll with Giulia to enjoy some midsummer night air and a picturesque sunset. What is your go-to song? Any language, any style of music.

Mine may sound cliche but it most definitely is "Crepuscolo Sul Mare" by Piero Umiliani. The contrast of the violins and the flamenco guitar playing just flows beautifully. If I were to make a commercial for the Giulia this track would be playing in the background. The sound of the Giulia, coupled with the beautiful evening wind and this song playing just does it for me.

I'm of Greek heritage (parents born there, emigrated here) so I listen to a ton of Greek music, but I also am a huge fan of Latin music as well, ranging everywhere from Flamenco to Reggaeton. I also really love Classic Rock (pre-1978) and, especially, Blues. Oh, and I'm also a big Classical fan (especially cinematic scores).

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was really into "Change Becomes Us" by long time favorite Wire, a British post punk that has kept plugging away over the years, going through different phases. 2013's Change Becomes Us took unfinished songs from the end of their first phase -- '77 through '80 -- and finished them with modern production. I so loved the album it was still the go-to album when I bought my Giulia in the summer of '17. This third track may be my favorite, though the whole album is amazing. So either this, or maybe Trash/Treasure from the same band:

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Bruce Springsteen’s Thunder Road......excerpt below

Well now I'm no hero
That's understood
All the redemption I can offer girl
Is beneath this dirty hood
With a chance to make it good somehow
Hey what else can we do now ?
Except roll down the window
And let the wind blow
Back your hair
Well the night's busting open
These two lanes will take us anywhere
We got one last chance to make it real
To trade in these wings on some wheels
Climb in back
Heaven's waiting on down the tracks
Oh-oh come take my hand
We're riding out tonight to case the promised land
Oh-oh Thunder Road oh Thunder Road
Lying out there like a killer in the sun
Hey I know it's late we can make it if we run
Oh Thunder Road sit tight take hold
Thunder Road

Reactions: hawkeye_a

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
"Running Down A Dream", all the way to Abbott's at Sea Breeze. Please tell me it's still there!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Of course when I really fall for a car, which happened with the Giulia, when seeing if for the first time each day I'll wistfully sing the line from the Roger Taylor tune: "I'm in love with my car, got a feel for my automobile..." Love that song.

·
Registered
162 Posts
“We No Speak Americano” by Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP suits driving these cars on a narrow winding country road perfectly. Makes me feel like I’m in Italy.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Let's Roll - Yelawolf and Kid Rock

·
Registered
460 Posts
Rush, Red Barchetta
Big Rush fan here, through Moving Pictures at least, and Red Barchetta edges Xanadu as my favorite of theirs. "I'm In Love With My Car" meets "Fahrenheit 451." The Best. After MP they are very hit and miss for me, but no matter, their first eight LPs are more than enough. This guy gets it:

(Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972 drive acceleration sounds; for some reason the link doesn't work)

p.s., I have a Ferrari 166MM poster in my study. My (then) four year-old son asked about the car. After telling him about the 166, I told him there's a song about it and played Red Barchetta for him. He was so entranced that he listened to it all day for weeks while I was at work (to my wife's horror), memorizing the lyrics by heart. He still asks to listen to it now and then, though at seven he's in a Simon and Garfunkel phase.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Jeezus, I was on a Celtic Frost kick when I bought my car.

So, I hear Celtic Frost, I think Giulia. Actually sounds passable on the HK system.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/41PxFzoqULU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After taking a ride earlier this evening I'm also possibly adding "20th Century Fox" by The Doors. Love the band and the song is quite apt for the Giulia. But I would say more for urban driving.

·
Banned
219 Posts
I really don't have a favorite song. But, it seems like I hear the song "Mrs. Robinson" everyday that I have driven the Guilia on the satellite radio. Your very young, if you don't know the Alfa connection to that song.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Option B, Golden Earring, Radar Love

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Every Rose Has A Thorn = Poison. JUST KIDDING. I WOULDN’T DO THAT TO MY GIULIA SHE IS PERFECT.

I listen to a lot, Ed Sheedan, Passenger, Enya, Pink, Great Big World lots of stuff. Just depends what we feel like

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
You gotta go with something Italian for this. I believe this song was used in some of the earlier commercials.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts