Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright folks some of you might have seen my other thread on http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/393-interior/16001-carbon-fiber-interior-trim-wrap.html. If you didn’t, long story short, I wasn’t happy with any of the alternatives carbon fiber wraps or sprays would achieve.

These solutions all ended up with a questionable finish that would leave potential bubbles, and potentially chip away over time requiring ongoing maintenance. So I figure I didn’t just drop $50k on my Giulia then cheap out on something I would look at, and be touching every time I get in the car. That would get old pretty quick.

So I called on Yomato Carbon Fiber once again since I was very happy with my Quadrifoglio Style Carbon Fiber spoiler.

Their offering consists of a 7 piece set made up of the following:
4 x Door Handle Surrounds
2 x Center Console Trim Cover
1 x Dashboard Insert Trim Cover

These 7 pieces are the same carbon fiber accent trim as the Quadrifoglio (not including optional carbon fiber steering wheel).

I reached out to Yomato because:
1. Much Cheaper than Koshi Group who supplies Madness Autoworks and Alfa9Supply.
(~$300 cheaper for equivalent parts)
2. Quality. Simply top notch.

That said, on to the pics. Install will happen this weekend when I have more time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I really wish the person that did quality control on your order did the same for my spoiler. My spoiler is sub-par for the cost. To top it off, no answer from anyone.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I REALLY want a CF piece that surrounds the shifter; that hard rubber just looks awful to me.
I agree - makes me cringe! I think I saw something from Mopar parts somewhere, but there were recent posts regarding issues/customer support from them maybe... so not sure.... maybe ask your Alfa Dealer? If you do find something, let me know!

Here's the actual product from Mopar...
https://moparonlineparts.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-carbon-fiber-shift-knob-p-7813.html

I also saw something on Madness' website... Looks exactly like the part on the Mopar website

https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...r-carbon-fiber-automatic-transmission-pid7221

Says to ask for pricing from Madness; Mopar states cost of $243.60.

Would be great if Yomato comes out w/something.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly it's seriously worth reaching out to Yomato even if you don't see something on their site.

I know they're working on a lot of stuff right now. I know for a fact they have 3d model of the TI Sport front bumper so they might be working on a lip or something. They should definitely hear about this need as well so they can prioritize appropriately.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I agree - makes me cringe! I think I saw something from Mopar parts somewhere, but there were recent posts regarding issues/customer support from them maybe... so not sure.... maybe ask your Alfa Dealer? If you do find something, let me know!

Here's the actual product from Mopar...
https://moparonlineparts.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-carbon-fiber-shift-knob-p-7813.html

I also saw something on Madness' website... Looks exactly like the part on the Mopar website

https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...r-carbon-fiber-automatic-transmission-pid7221

Says to ask for pricing from Madness; Mopar states cost of $243.60.

Those links show exactly what I'm looking for. I'm tempted to call them to check it out (heck, to see if even stock exists). Thanks......

·
Registered
547 Posts
If Madness will price match I recommend buying from them, I have had a bad experience from the moparonlineparts.com which is actually Westbury Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep car dealership in Westbury, NY. it is not Mopar direct.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Looking VERY SHARP !!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Chaiguy looks really good, did you only use the 3m tape or did you add a little silicon to it? Just curious cause I only used silicone and I attempted to remove the rear window switch one and it would not budge. I was just testing the adhesion. Yes the red button will make a noticeable difference to the cabin. Looks awesome, congrats and thanks for posting the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chaiguy looks really good, did you only use the 3m tape or did you add a little silicon to it? Just curious cause I only used silicone and I attempted to remove the rear window switch one and it would not budge. I was just testing the adhesion. Yes the red button will make a noticeable difference to the cabin. Looks awesome, congrats and thanks for posting the pics.
It came pre-installed with 3m tape so I just used that and adhesion promoter. The installation on the sliding drawer was pretty annoying just due to the positioning so I might fiddle with that again. Try some fishing line and WD-40 to get it loose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there Alfa enthusiasts! The Yomato team would like to thank you all for your interest and enthusiasm surrounding our carbon fiber products.

We are currently working on providing the Alfa community with a wider range of products to choose from. We have 3D scans of the Giulia (Base/Ti/Veloce), and are currently working on providing you with a static front lip, among other things (link).

Link to the Alfa segment on our site:
https://yomatocarbon.com/collections/alfa-romeo-carbon-fiber-solutions

The lip will be made out of high-grade carbon and in addition to its sleek aesthetic design, the fitment will be second to none. More concrete figures will be provided after we have completed the simulation for stress testing and aerodynamic testing.

We will offer more details about the product in the near future as we progress through our schedule. As it stands, we are in the preliminary stages, where we design a variety of lips based on the 3D scans and conduct fitment tests. We are currently working with multiple aerodynamic engineers. Once this process is complete, we will ask you all for your input in order to ensure that we are meeting your top priorities for the piece.

We are lucky to be a part of this Alfa community and would like to incorporate your ideas and suggestions for a great looking lip.

With the proper software, equipment, engineers and forum input, we will create from scratch, a proper fitted and beautiful carbon lip.

Thank you,

Team Yomato

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The lip will be made out of high-grade carbon and in addition to its sleek aesthetic design, the fitment will be second to none. More concrete figures will be provided after we have completed the simulation for stress testing and aerodynamic testing...
Regarding the lip for the TI Sport / Veloce, are you thinking of replacing just the chin spoiler or would it run the entire length of the front bumper similar to the Quadrifoglio?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Very nice upgrade....their site says that the pieces fit over the stock trim pieces with no removal of factory trim and yet when I look at the center console section (behind the gear shift lever as it approaches the center arm rest) it appears to tuck under the factory black trim piece....I have to check but is there really that big of a gap in the factory trim to allow another layer of material and to still allow fitment underneath ??? Don't get me wrong, the kit looks great and I think it's a big upgrade for the base or Ti's or Lusso ...not a fan of Alfa's wood trim options and I think the "Aluminum" trim looks a little "cheesy"....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice upgrade....their site says that the pieces fit over the stock trim pieces with no removal of factory trim and yet when I look at the center console section (behind the gear shift lever as it approaches the center arm rest) it appears to tuck under the factory black trim piece....I have to check but is there really that big of a gap in the factory trim to allow another layer of material and to still allow fitment underneath ??? Don't get me wrong, the kit looks great and I think it's a big upgrade for the base or Ti's or Lusso ...not a fan of Alfa's wood trim options and I think the "Aluminum" trim looks a little "cheesy"....
There is actually enough gap. All of the pieces just stick on to the existing. I was most impressed by the sliding drawer piece. It was a pain to install but impressive they were able to engineer a piece with the right amount of tolerance. I was skeptical at first but its about as thin as a credit card.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Check out ChaiGuys photo's the CF trim pieces turned out very nice on the first page of this thread.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.