Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised that my 2017 Giulia sedan was not xm capable. Loaded the vin number into the xm website and it's not accessible. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was surprised that my 2017 Giulia sedan was not xm capable. Loaded the vin number into the xm website and it's not accessible. Does that make sense?
Did your window sticker show sirius xm? You need that reciever in the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It did not show xm. Is that something I can add? Does anyone know how much that costs?
Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
It did not show xm. Is that something I can add? Does anyone know how much that costs?
Thanks
No sat radio was the one concession I had to make to get the color combo I wanted when I got my car. In hindsight, I wish I would have held out for the sat radio. I asked an audio shop about adding it aftermarket and they told me that they don't know of any parts to modify the Giulia radio yet, the car is still too new. This was 3 months ago. I don't know if anything changed since then. In the interim, I have been using an old plug-in sat radio that I already had.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
if you've got a decent unlimited plan on your cell why not just stream it on the app? I see some channels are available free on the Tunein radio app too.

To be honest (and it maybe where I live with trees galore) my experience with XM/Sirius was TERRIBLE.. can't stand the satellite technology and the cutting out if a bird flies past or a tree looks at you the wrong way.The streaming is pretty flawless for me other than an occasional dead spot. Just a thought.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome! Sure would help if you let us know what exact model Giulia you have. Put that specific info in the signature section, then when you have a question it will help a lot with info about packages, tire size, etc.

I think all Ti's have it included free:
SiriusXM® Sat Radio w/ 1–Yr Radio Subscription
For More Info, Call 800–643–2112
(on window sticker)

Some base Giulia's like my Q4 AWD had it included as an extra package,
8.8–Inch 3D Navigation Radio w/SiriusXM® Package $1,900
8.8–Inch AM / FM Bluetooth® Radio with 3D NAV
(on window sticker)

I'm guessing you might have a base Giulia without the $1,900 package.
You should have been given the window sticker. I would call you dealer or the 800-643-2112.

BTW, I like quiet when I'm driving and almost never use the Sirius/XM (will not renew it) and only the AM/FM HD occasionally.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome! Sure would help if you let us know what exact model Giulia you have. Put that specific info in the signature section, then when you have a question it will help a lot with info about packages, tire size, etc.

I think all Ti's have it included free:
(on window sticker)

Some base Giulia's like my Q4 AWD had it included as an extra package,
8.8–Inch 3D Navigation Radio w/SiriusXM® Package $1,900
8.8–Inch AM / FM Bluetooth® Radio with 3D NAV
(on window sticker)

I'm guessing you might have a base Giulia without the $1,900 package.
You should have been given the window sticker. I would call you dealer or the 800-643-2112.

BTW, I like quiet when I'm driving and almost never use the Sirius/XM (will not renew it) and only the AM/FM HD occasionally.

On the bottom of your postings it states that you have a 2017, does your sticker state for certain "radio with 3d nav"? The only reason that i'm asking is that i have seen other 2017 stickers including my own that have the 8.8in screen but just list Nav. Nothing printed stating 3d nav. In no way doubting you, just a question.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
I put a huge number of CDs on memory stick for when I need/want noise and am out of range of a tolerable radio station.

Sirius requires an specialty antenna, a cable to that antenna, satellite reception, and a subscription. I have not found it to be to my liking.

·
Registered
647 Posts
On the bottom of your postings it states that you have a 2017, does your sticker state for certain "radio with 3d nav"? The only reason that i'm asking is that i have seen other 2017 stickers including my own that have the 8.8in screen but just list Nav. Nothing printed stating 3d nav. In no way doubting you, just a question.
Checking, stand by:

Sorry, my mistake, you are correct! The sticker on my 2017 Giulia does say "with NAV" but not "with 3D NAV."

Rather than taking a photo, I went to my dealers website and copy/pasted the package. I did not notice the "3D" added to the 2018
models and copied that extra item. I don't use the NAV and not sure what difference the "3D" makes (if any?).
Thanks for the sharp eye and pointing that out.

Chuck :smile2:

Here is the correct package sticker info for my 2017 Giulia

8.8-Inch Navigation Radio with SiriusXM® Package $1,900
For More Info, Call 800-643-2112
8.8-Inch AM / FM / HD Bluetooth® Radio with NAV
SiriusXM® Sat Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription
1 Yr. Trial (Registration Required)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts