Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on my build spec and I have some question about the Giulia Xenon options.

The Feature Availability doc lists what could be 4 different Xenon options:
- Bi-xenon projector headlamps (25W) - Standard[
- Bi-xenon projector headlamps (35W), includes AFL and auto-leveling - $700 option on TI only
- Automatic high-beam system - part of $1500 Driver Assist Dynamic Pkg

From these descriptions, looks like only the 35W modules will steer into a turn like the YouTube video shows
(video does call out the 35W module at 0:17)

The last item indicates you can get the auto high beam system, which requires a camera to detect oncoming traffic and dip the beam, regardless of which Xenon option you have.

I think the spec cars so far only have the base Xenons - can anyone confirm the Xenon beam vectoring is active and it's not just the LED modules lighting up when the steering wheel turns off-center?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm also interested in these option(s) and any feedback on them.

We live in a pretty rural area of upstate NY and frequently we're out on completely unlit country roads at night, and I can see a benefit to the 35W upgrade with AFL... if anyone has any input on the usefulness of it, that would be great.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm also interested in these option(s) and any feedback on them.

We live in a pretty rural area of upstate NY and frequently we're out on completely unlit country roads at night, and I can see a benefit to the 35W upgrade with AFL... if anyone has any input on the usefulness of it, that would be great.
I would definitely recommend the Auto High Beam option in your case.

I have the Vectoring and Auto High Beam option on by 335i and it's nice to have. But, I hardly ever make use of it as my driving is primarily urban/suburban so would probably forego that in my build.

I do like the vectoring, so want to make sure I get than capability on a Giulia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts