Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
mine had 38, also told them not to drive it and no test drives. They said they took it to fill it up

·
Registered
316 Posts
104 miles. Doesn't bother me. Cars will sometimes transfer between dealers and if it isn't far they will drive them rather than hire a transporter.

·
Registered
573 Posts
29 on mine I think. Someone on here had one with over 100 miles on it but it had a sticker in the drivers side window saying it was taken on an extened test drive at the factory. Sticher was put on upsidedown.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,786 Posts
Mine had 9 miles on odo at pickup.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
38 miles on my QV

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine had 16 miles on the odo. But when I turned it in to fix the brakes - it came back with 80 more miles on it than when I turned it in. They said they were doing brake test runs - ok - but for that many miles? Oh well - at least when I got it back the brake issue was completely resolved.

·
Super Moderator
1,079 Posts
Call the dealer and ask the sales team how many test drives they allowed? I'd imagine it was many with that kind of mileage.

Then, feel free to point them here to understand how many miles legitimately were on "new" cars prior to sale.

Mine came right off the boat, had a pre-purchase inspection test drive and then was in my hands all with less than 40 miles on it.

Once the dealer understands that they have a dissatisfied customer and they should have disclosed the fact that it was a demo vehicle with over 140 miles, they may be willing to negotiate a few dollars in a rebate back toward you. I'd be incensed as well.

In the meanwhile, enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
1,079 Posts
Another thought, in Pennsylvania, the bill of sale details the mileage.

Not sure what state your car came from but my thought is that the pink slip documentation should detail the mileage at the sale.

This will be more leverage in your favor if the car was driven excessively past the noted mileage of the agreement.

·
Registered
67 Posts
96 on my QV. It had been transferred between dealers, but Chicago to Fort Worth is way farther than 96 miles.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I was so excited when I picked up my Quad...I didn't even check !!!

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Another thought, in Pennsylvania, the bill of sale details the mileage.

Not sure what state your car came from but my thought is that the pink slip documentation should detail the mileage at the sale.

This will be more leverage in your favor if the car was driven excessively past the noted mileage of the agreement.

same in NY...delivery mileage is stated on the Bill of Sale...all you have to do is make sure they match>:)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
She had 21.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My QV had 40 when I picked her up. No test drives I am aware of, car was delivered to dealer with that mileage as it was still wrapped. I asked how and they said the factory may test drive the cars before delivering to dealers.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts