Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase an OEM set of Giulia Quadrifoglio wheels. I have no preference for for 5 hole or Tecnico. They will be winter wheels. I prefer the dark versions of both but will accept bright. Dealer wants $2750 for Dark 5 hole and $5150 for Dark Tecnico. Prefer to go OEM for winter wheels vs Tire Rack options.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There is an eBay seller from Italy who has stock of OEM wheels sometimes. I got a full set of the five holes brand new for about $1500 shipped from Italy.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
There is an eBay seller from Italy who has stock of OEM wheels sometimes. I got a full set of the five holes brand new for about $1500 shipped from Italy.
kitwheels is the name. He was completely out of stock the last time I checked (about a week ago).

Same price for Tecnico or 5 holes. The Tecnico are more resilient and as such probably better for winter use than the 5 holes.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,420 Posts
kitwheels is the name. He was completely out of stock the last time I checked (about a week ago).

Same price for Tecnico or 5 holes. The Tecnico are more resilient and as such probably better for winter use than the 5 holes.
Can you post a link?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
KitWheelsTire said he'd get me prices next week. 2k is more than I want to spend but if KitWheels is 1500 that's a lot more appealing. Then I'll need to decide if I want 18s or 19s for the winter

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
KitWheelsTire said he'd get me prices next week. 2k is more than I want to spend but if KitWheels is 1500 that's a lot more appealing. Then I'll need to decide if I want 18s or 19s for the winter
New versus used; just the wheels versus includes TPMS.

I paid him about $1500 including shipping for a used set of front Tecnicos (4 pieces, for use as my summer setup on my Q4 or but also usable as a square winter setup on a QV). There was a $50 import duty (it may be much worse now, I do not know). TPMS cost me another $200. The wheels needed some touchup, which with a color change from bright to dark cost me another $700 (touch up only would have been about $600). So I ended up spending $2400 on the wheel set. Purchased directly from AR they would have been just over $5000 plus sales tax.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts

I paid him about $1500 including shipping for a used set of front Tecnicos (4 pieces, for use as my summer setup on my Q4 or but also usable as a square winter setup on a QV). There was a $50 import duty (it may be much worse now, I do not know). TPMS cost me another $200. The wheels needed some touchup, which with a color change from bright to dark cost me another $700 (touch up only would have been about $600). So I ended up spending $2400 on the wheel set. Purchased directly from AR they would have been just over $5000 plus sales tax.
Are all of his wheels used or does he have anything new?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

Tecnicos for $1500 used isn’t bad really. They cost a fortune new. My fivers were new. They look like they never had a tire mounted on them and if they did someone took care not to scuff them up...

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Are all of his wheels used or does he have anything new?
I think all the wheels he offers are take offs. Some may never have been driven though. Double check with him; his english is a bit rough though.

I also found that just because he put the listing on ebay UK or ebay Italy/Euro does not mean he will not ship to the USA. In fact the set I bought from him were only listed on ebay Italy/Euro.

At least he stopped saying that the light wheels are magnesium (apparently the paint color is magnesium silver). Can you imagine the trouble caused by shipping a heavy box marked "magnesium"?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I think all the wheels he offers are take offs. Some may never have been driven though. Double check with him; his english is a bit rough though.

I also found that just because he put the listing on ebay UK or ebay Italy/Euro does not mean he will not ship to the USA. In fact the set I bought from him were only listed on ebay Italy/Euro.

At least he stopped saying that the light wheels are magnesium (apparently the paint color is magnesium silver). Can you imagine the trouble caused by shipping a heavy box marked "magnesium"?
That's good to know

I would not want a box like that shipped to my house

1 - 16 of 16 Posts