• Better driving roads around you

• Better/more/closer dealer choices

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thought occurred to me after reading a thread on poor dealership network.

I have 6 dealers "close" to me but it's a trade-off. I live in NYC so I have plenty of dealers but also plenty of potholes and plenty of traffic; so while I can service my car easily, I can't really drive it.

Would you rather have better driving roads where you live or more/closer dealers?

I think I'd rather have better roads to actually enjoy the car and have to drive further to get to my dealer (currently 40 miles / 50 minutes without traffic).

Reactions: hownowcb and Theo

·
Registered
4,311 Posts

I have 6 dealers "close" to me but it's a trade-off. I live in NYC so I have plenty of dealers but also plenty of potholes and plenty of traffic; so while I can service my car easily, I can't really drive it.

Would you rather have better driving roads where you live or more/closer dealers?

I think I'd rather have better roads to actually enjoy the car and have to drive further to get to my dealer (currently 40 miles / 50 minutes without traffic).
I’m lucky enough to have both. I guess I’ll vote for good roads, but if I did not have decent dealers located relatively close, I’d probably own a different car. Convenience is important to me.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'm fine with my local dealer, who is 20min away. If not, I have another dealer 20 min in the other direction as a backup. I do most my own work though and I have some great driving roads around me. I do not miss living in a big city and I can easily take some absolutely fantastic roads around me for multi-day trips in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I usually do those on my motorcycle though.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,378 Posts
Would I rather stub my toe or cut myself shaving?

Dealer would be somewhat less important if the cars didn’t need attention so frequently.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have probably asked for peoples location for those that say they have both lol

Reactions: aclemons6970

·
Registered
307 Posts
In my situation I drive an hour and a half on good roads to a Maserati-Alfa Romeo dealership and mainly because I don't like my local Chrysler-Alfa Romeo dealership's service dept where I originally purchased the car. The kicker here, is that it's the "SAME OWNER " for both dealerships. If I was to purchase another AR I would drive the extra distance for the service alone. That being said, I am considering jumping ship because of this inconvenience. :(

·
Registered
5,010 Posts

not to be a wise ass like our buddy @Papa Gallo LOL BUT as I am in NYC as well, why did you buy the QV?? if bad roads impact your ability to enjoy the car, wouldn;t it be the same with a Porsche, BMW M, AUDI RS etc? any performance car would suffer on our roads!.....
you need to buy a commuter car ie Toyota/Honda/Hyundai etc. and use the QV for weekend excursions OUT of the 5 boroughs! 😁

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
678 Posts
we have great driving roads but we also have very poorly maintained in town roads. places you can see the dirt! and our dealer in Greenwich is of course top notch .

so I would probably pick better roads it not because many of them aren't great driving roads.

what I don't get is why road maintenance is so hard. there's a spot on our main road where a 15 foot section of tip surface broke away leaving a fairly large gap in the road. they came by to fix it but all they did was out asphalt on the far end of the hole so that now it's more like a ramp so your tire can come out without a bump. meanwhile there's 100 holes and road gaps all around this place.

so they send a whole trunk with asphalt and a crew, and equipment probably 45 minutes from their asphalt plant, to put down a single 2'x1' patch and then they leave. how is that more cost effective vs fixing the entire area once. now they will come back like 6 times . it'll cost us $200k to fix this little part of the road probably . as it is it is patch on top of patch already and I swear they just paved the whole road 8 years ago so they did a crap job then too.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,378 Posts
Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
This thread will be interesting. So far an overwhelming 86% in favor of better roads instead of better/closer dealerships. I live within 25 miles from 3 great dealerships and the roads I use 95% of the time are pretty decent but, I voted in favor of better/closer dealership, between those two options. I also thought that bad and not enough dealerships was a major issue, based on what I am reading in the Forum (not in my case, again). I am the probably only one confused here. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Raleigh for me and @maddmike
I have a friend in Cary. I just told her I might need to consider moving to where she lives. 😁

not to be a wise ass like our buddy @Papa Gallo LOL BUT as I am in NYC as well, why did you buy the QV?? if bad roads impact your ability to enjoy the car, wouldn;t it be the same with a Porsche, BMW M, AUDI RS etc? any performance car would suffer on our roads!.....
you need to buy a commuter car ie Toyota/Honda/Hyundai etc. and use the QV for weekend excursions OUT of the 5 boroughs! 😁
One word: space. I only have the garage space for one car as my father in-law parks in the driveway. I had a Honda Accord v6, and while that was ok in the fun department, the qv is just night and day better even as a daily. Plus, prior to covid, I had a 60 mile round trip to Westchester that coupled with early starts and late leaves meant LESS traffic. But being stuck at home the last year really highlighted how bad NYC is. I cracked my wheel going 70 changing lanes on the cross island this past summer 🤬

Speaking of bad roads, I take the Queens borough bridge weekly to see my parents, and if I had a nickel for every car destroying pothole on that bridge, well then I'd have my dream lambo by now.

Reactions: wingler and MDriver

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I have a friend in Cary. I just told her I might need to consider moving to where she lives. 😁

One word: space. I only have the garage space for one car as my father in-law parks in the driveway. I had a Honda Accord v6, and while that was ok in the fun department, the qv is just night and day better even as a daily. Plus, prior to covid, I had a 60 mile round trip to Westchester that coupled with early starts and late leaves meant LESS traffic. But being stuck at home the last year really highlighted how bad NYC is. I cracked my wheel going 70 changing lanes on the cross island this past summer 🤬

Speaking of bad roads, I take the Queens borough bridge weekly to see my parents, and if I had a nickel for every car destroying pothole on that bridge, well then I'd have my dream lambo by now.
I feel for you, nothing worse than dodging pot holes and crazy NYC drivers! Hope you don't decide to sell the QV. I think you would regret that.

·
Registered
540 Posts

Tell me about it. One day on the LIE and Meadowbrook and I get a crack on my windshield and bend a rim. Thank goodness we pay a kings ransom in taxes to keep them in their current state. Imagine what they’d be without it.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,633 Posts
i would say the further the dealer the better

we have two options to get to our Sydney dealership from where we are

via the mountains - forget the Stelvio Pass, we have Macca Pass

or by the sea

1 - 20 of 35 Posts