Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

Registered
Most of the time, when I drive my Giulia, I have two Italian gals with me. One starts pissing and moaning before getting to the end of the drive way. I definitely plan on keeping the quiet one... unless I fall into a TI Sport by lease end.

Registered
Dang, that certainly gives new meaning to the term "road hazard"! Here in the States they merely walk up to you while stopped for refueling or some other errand with a weapon and take the vehicle. It's reaching epidemic proportions in my hometown of Chicago.
Yup. They'll do that here too, amongst other car relieving strategies.... 馃槦

Registered
After 4 months of ownership I can enthusiastically say yes. QV I hope next time though....

Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
easy there my Aussie amico.....and it's "da Bronx" We do have an incredible zoo in da Bronx, pretty impressive.
though there are quite a few animals on the outside as well ;)
i believe this gorgeous young lady is a Bronx native wildlife

very impressive

Registered
Love my Giulia Ti and I might move to a Quadrifoglio in the future. However, this is my first automatic car and I miss the stick so I鈥檓 not sure what I would do next.

Registered
I lease and am on my second.
Virtually certain there will be a third.
Same with me! I hope they extend those great new colors to the Guilia TI in 2022!

Registered
I miss the stick so I鈥檓 not sure what I would do next.
Same here. Unfortunately, at least here in the US, those of us who know how to and prefer to use a manual transmission are a dying breed.

But I will say that the 8-speed automatic does a decent job overall.

Registered
I certainly did already - had a Ti Q4, and now the QV. Love the QV, never plan on selling her.. hopefully will pass her down to our son.

Registered
Same here. Unfortunately, at least here in the US, those of us who know how to and prefer to use a manual transmission are a dying breed.

But I will say that the 8-speed automatic does a decent job overall.
Same. My previous M235i was the first auto I've ever bought. I finally gave in after sampling the ZF 8 speed. It's the only auto that didn't annoy me. Unfortunately, I could no longer find a car I wanted to drive equipped with a manual. I never thought that I would finally convert, but I did. Everything has compromises, and I ultimately compromised on the transmission and, in the case of the Guila, the number of doors. I really wanted this car as a coupe.

Registered
I鈥檝e found there are benefits to an automatic, including Traffic Jam Assist 鈥 I鈥檒l admit that slogging through L.A. rush hour wasn鈥檛 the highest and best use of my Milano鈥檚 5-speed. Meanwhile, my motorcycles scratch my manual-shift itch.

Registered
YES

Registered
I鈥檝e had my 2017 Giulia Ti Lusso for 47 months 31K miles. Still love the styling, handling and ride. I鈥檓 thinking about trading in and getting a 2021 Giulia. My motivation is primarily the refinements since 2017 mostly interior appointments and infotainment and a fresh full warranty would be nice. So just wondering how many Giulia owners would buy another? View attachment 108180
I would do the same if I had a '17.

Registered
17鈥 Giulia Ti, 18鈥 4C, 91鈥 Spider Veloce
Discussion Starter #79
Some great responses. Interesting to hear from so many folks.
So to bring the thread back around.....
I decided to order a Ti Sport AWD, Comp Red, Black & Tan (saddle) interior, 19鈥 bright wheels, red calipers, leather dash & upper door caps, active assist 2, premium package, bi xenon headlights.
Now the wait.....but at least when it comes in there won鈥檛 be ice snow and salt on the roads, till next next winter. 馃槂

Registered
No way. Driving Alfas since 1966, but this is the last. Vulcano Black is beautiful. Great handling, but feels like it's going to fall apart when I back it out of the driveway. No manual xmission, and not enough exhaust sound or a heads-up display to provide shift information. With the seat all the way back, having to contort myself to get in and out around the door pillar. Inadequate thigh bolster, and floor pan with no flat surface for the right foot when driving on cruise. Speaking of which, inconvenient cruise control setting mechanism -- nobody cruises on 5 mph boundaries. Crappy, small, non-touchscreen nav display worse than a 2016 Ford Escape or a second generation iPad (red print on a black background in Sirius, really?) Trunk lid that weighs about eight ounces and does not hold in the fully-open position. Unreliable electronics, and an electric parking brake that can't be easily released for towing when the $15 Fiat starter relay fails. Coming up on the 36 month end of lease, 10K miles, 24K residual, and just not worth buying. Alfas have always had quirks, like my '70 1750 Spider Veloce, that would crap out every time it rained because it had the distributor mounted low in front of the engine. This '18 Ti Q2 with performance package, staggers, etc. has me longing for dual carbs to fiddle with. Have fun, guys, glad you love your cars, but at this point, I鈥檓 done with Alfas. Competition-prepped manual Miata Clubs are a ton more fun. Those of you having a religious experience here are welcome to it. I'm going to pay my last two months early and turn the car in early just to be rid of the frustrations.

Reactions: Alfa Philly
61 - 80 of 103 Posts