Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

Registered
Keeping the OP's question in mind, the answer is simply yes.

Whilst other cars can do some of this stuff well no doubt; it's the best handling car I've ever driven. I love the run flat tyres (saved our lives once), reliability has been superb in almost 4 years, comfort of seats is close to excellent (just needed lift for the back of legs), it just looks sooo much better than ANY other car on the road here (in its price point), and lastly, it's an Alfa.

A rare but pedigreed breed, which needs care and attention and love. Our current 2 get all of that... 馃憣

Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
Keeping the OP's question in mind, the answer is simply yes.

Whilst other cars can do some of this stuff well no doubt; it's the best handling car I've ever driven. I love the run flat tyres (saved our lives once), reliability has been superb in almost 4 years, comfort of seats is close to excellent (just needed lift for the back of legs), it just looks sooo much better than ANY other car on the road here (in its price point), and lastly, it's an Alfa.

A rare but pedigreed breed, which needs care and attention and love. Our current 2 get all of that... 馃憣
May I ask how the run-flat tyres saved your lives?

OT, I saw this on FB and wonder whether that spot is an accident magnet. Some great roads in RSA. I've been a happy passenger to enjoy the views.

Registered

Registered

Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
keen to hear the story as well
or it could have just been a figure of speech

Registered

Registered
I will get another one...may wait if they do refresh it next year (led lights maybe, just some facelift?) for me color will also be a challenge, love the MC...might opt for Misano or anodized blue...will bother myself with it next year when its time to order

Registered
Were my car eaten by a lion or attacked by a feral beer truck, I would have a replacement ordered within a few days of receiving the insurance settlement (thank you, replacement insurance, I hope I never need you). Short of something like that, the question is moot because I expect to have my car so long as there鈥檚 a petrol pump to be had.

Registered
May I ask how the run-flat tyres saved your lives?

OT, I saw this on FB and wonder whether that spot is an accident magnet. Some great roads in RSA. I've been a happy passenger to enjoy the views.

Fortunately it was nothing so James Bondish that I had to evade criminals, although I can see run flats could help in such a situation. There are elements here who have been known to put rocks and other obstacles in the road with a view to hijacking you, or merely damage your car for fun...:mad::unsure:

I have written about it on this forum in another thread, but the life saving event was hitting a pothole at fairly high speed. It would undoubtedly have caused a catastrophic blowout on normal tyres and with zero run off area on the road, I would have very likely headed off into the scenery...The runflat remained intact, although badly shredded on the sidewall, and kept us on the island. I hobbled at low speed for about 50 kms to the nearest town where fortunately a new tyre was put on.

The missus has normal tyres on her Giulietta and due to several pothole replacements (fortunately all at low speed), we're thinking that we'll put run flats on her car when they next need replacing. Is this wise? Are there implications? I'd be grateful for some advice on our thoughts on this.

Our motorways are still superb but sadly the moment you leave them onto even "A" roads, you can come across potholes and many are not small divots either, but can be donga sized!! One of the reasons many drive bakkies and suvs with small rims and chunky tyres.

That spot in Herolds Bay is not an accident magnet but rather a suicide spot. It's a lovely viewing point but it is easy enough to drive over the edge. The municipality want the road closed but the public (presumably both those with suicidal thoughts, as well as those who dont) have objected to its closure.

Registered
There are elements here who have been known to put rocks and other obstacles in the road with a view to hijacking you, or merely damage your car for fun...:mad::unsure:
Dang, that certainly gives new meaning to the term "road hazard"! Here in the States they merely walk up to you while stopped for refueling or some other errand with a weapon and take the vehicle. It's reaching epidemic proportions in my hometown of Chicago.

Registered
I bought my e46 when it was 7 years old, but it was basically 鈥榥ew鈥 considering the 11k miles on the ODO. I wound up keeping it for about 10 years. I had a Fox body Mustang at the same time and wound up selling it after about a decade as well. I鈥檓 pretty sure I鈥檒l still have my Giulia ten years from now too. If something happens to it though, I鈥檇 replace it with another.

Registered
Absolutely.
I have had my Ti for 3.5 years and love it. Now with not driving many miles I will probably keep it for 12+ years. By then (2029) I hope Alfa is still in the States and I hope they offer a coupe with 350 hp (with an ICE).
All wishful thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Buying out my lease in May. Purchased the extended warranty. I would get another one if something happened to my current ride. I really enjoy it. I have no idea what I would get if the gulia was not an option...

41 - 60 of 103 Posts