Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3.5 sec to 60..... pretty quick for a porker......just saying......

Reactions: peczenij

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Last year's version was like 50hp less without all-wheel drive and reported on the 4's to 60 and did not touch an 11 sec quarter mile.

I don't see how they're going to best those times with adding another 100+ lbs with the awd system.

Perhaps they'll pull the German hat trick and under promise and over-deliver on the power end.

The mag rags will do their super sedan shootouts with the CTS-V whatever brick E or S sedan AMG produces.

I think the Giulia will be the benchmark for their achievements! ;)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric I am with you..... I am just playing the devil's advocate......>:)

The M5 will have a "drift mode" which may be good news to those who want burn out capabilities......:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I envision the test drive of the new "drifter" with the sales guy as we are driving and he is in the passenger seat....

"Hold on, I'm going to pull into this parking lot in DRIFT mode... no, really... HOLD ON!! My AlfaQ doesn't have this mode and I need to try it out!"

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Mass is the greatest enemy to control....a heavy fast car is inherently more challenging to steer, brake, turn than something lighter and more nimble...BMW will buy advertising space and they will stroke the journalists and the media....is it fair to compare the M5 to the Quad....if you like "Big Girls" then I guess it is (and I'm not saying you do 0:))....D

·
Registered
166 Posts
The just ending M5 is a very different car than the M3 or Q.

I'd choose the M5 for a long haul trip across Germany or across the desert in the ME. I'd probably also choose the new M5 in a drag race.

On those tracks with left and right turns, I'd choose the M3 over the 5. On nice mountain or country roads I'd also choose the 3.

In normal everyday driving I'd choose the 3 because my wife and I both care about turns more than anything and prefer cars that are big enough for the task and no bigger.

OF course, wherever I'd choose the M3, I'd choose the Q even more enthusiastically.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
The G platform may be already outclassed and it has not been released yet
Jaguar has confirmed AND tested the XE built in Coventry by their SVO guys....5.0V8 Supercharged 600hp...AWD and lighter being based on the XE platform...
the ONLY caveat is that it will limited to 300 cars for the 2018 model year...which means $$$$$
The M cars have gotten bigger (size) and in some cases heavier than the models they replaced...they also have been much better from a performance perspective...
however that has come at a cost...many long time M owners have lamented the "lack of feel" that the new M cars have compared to the older ones...
The M5 is a great Bahn cruiser for sure...and I would not class it the same as an Quad. The Quad owner is clearly in the M3 ZCP camp....smaller, lightweight sedan, big power, tossable cars..
funny though about the new G, it will be auto only. waiting to see how the M guys react to that...
the last analog M5 is my E39...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,742 Posts
When I read about the Jaguar (sample article below) I couldn't help but wonder whether it was in response to the Q. Of course the natural next thought is how will AR respond? How much more power can be wrung out of the engine? Is the AWD system capable of handling it? How much more will customers be willing to pay? Oh, to be an AR product planner.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-new...er&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
When I read about the Jaguar (sample article below) I couldn't help but wonder whether it was in response to the Q. Of course the natural next thought is how will AR respond? How much more power can be wrung out of the engine? Is the AWD system capable of handling it? How much more will customers be willing to pay? Oh, to be an AR product planner.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-new...er&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive
not sure Alfa needs to respond right now other than to tidy up what they already have in the Quad. to respond to owners request for certain features and to address the little gremlins that have popped up as a first run car.
The Jag depending on its final price point may/may not remove it from contention....and lets see exactly how good the XE is with that monster Hp.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to clarify, I am still number one on the list to order a MY18 QV as soon as the order banks open.......
I figured I would ask the very knowledgeable people of this forum for their input and opinion for arguments' sake......:grin2:

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Just to clarify, I am still number one on the list to order a MY18 QV as soon as the order banks open.......
I figured I would ask the very knowledgeable people of this forum for their input and opinion for arguments' sake......:grin2:
Dottore...
after 6 M cars (4 M3's & 2 M5's) the Quad is the way to go as opposed to the M. I would not say that if you were considering another P-Car....different cars I know by but if we are just talking about driving dynamics....well it's tough to beat a Porsche...
IF functionality (4 doors) is a deciding factor...well BMW needs to up the ante on the new M3...
did the guy pick up the Porsche yet??? if not...hold on to it..have some fun...and then let her go when you are sure about the Quad:wink2:
Salve
M

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dottore...
after 6 M cars (4 M3's & 2 M5's) the Quad is the way to go as opposed to the M. I would not say that if you were considering another P-Car....different cars I know by but if we are just talking about driving dynamics....well it's tough to beat a Porsche...
IF functionality (4 doors) is a deciding factor...well BMW needs to up the ante on the new M3...
did the guy pick up the Porsche yet??? if not...hold on to it..have some fun...and then let her go when you are sure about the Quad:wink2:
Salve
M
Grazie M....

Oh, I am sure about the Q, no doubts about it after driving yours........:grin2:
I have a serious buyer for the C2S, if she goes I may start looking for a 997 GT3 for a long term P commitment, if not the C2S will stay and will keep Q company!

A Presto!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Maybe a Quad and a 4 C (to replace the Porsche) !!!! :laugh:

The 4 C is a go kart you know.....:grin2:

Reactions: BostonDMD

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The 4 C just needs a bit more cavalli to make it a contender........:wink2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.