Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how many people bought, for instance, BMWs or Audis after seeing them in James Bond movies and (a personal favorite) Ronin.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Italian Job Remake

Okay. How about the Italian Job but instead of a bunch of Mini Coopers (British) they actually used Italian. I laugh because I bought my Mini because of that stupid movie. Okay no one mentioned that those were modded John Cooper Works editions. Let’s go Alfa!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Or just have a big budget movie with a famous actor own a Quadrifoglio in the movie.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wouldn't worry much about US Alfa sales... Remember, now is time to enjoy the uniqueness and rarity of the Giulia on the road. This won't last long. Alfa Romeo is pumping millions into television ads and more is coming... Alfa Romeo is here to stay! Sorry to say, there will be a time, in the not too distant future when Alfa will join the ranks of BMW, Audi, and Mercedes in the US as well know, and commonly seen on the road sports sedans and SUV's. I recall the days when nobody would give an Audi the time of day. Then with consecutive la Mans wins and great entry level A4 pricing, paired with Audi TT's suddenly becoming a fashion statement, then appearing in the lyrics of Steely Dan songs. They became as boring as BMW and Mercedes to me. Enjoy the ALFA newness while it lasts!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wouldn't worry much about US Alfa sales... Remember, now is time to enjoy the uniqueness and rarity of the Giulia on the road. This won't last long. Alfa Romeo is pumping millions into television ads and more is coming... Alfa Romeo is here to stay!
No kidding. I saw two, TWO! Thursday.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't think his appearance in a GTV6 did much for sales at the time.

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldn't worry much about US Alfa sales... Remember, now is time to enjoy the uniqueness and rarity of the Giulia on the road. This won't last long.
No kidding. I saw two, TWO! Thursday.
Because of where I am, I'm accustomed to Alfas having become a common sight.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wouldn't hurt. Bullitt did wonders for Mustang sales.
Not to mention performance credibility (along with some racing successes, of course).

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mine's all black. I kind of think it's a villain's car, but usually they're driving a Peugeot or Citroen....

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Okay. How about the Italian Job but instead of a bunch of Mini Coopers (British) they actually used Italian. I laugh because I bought my Mini because of that stupid movie. Okay no one mentioned that those were modded John Cooper Works editions. Let’s go Alfa!
Thank God they didn't use Yugos.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
647 Posts
I heard a rumor that Stormy Daniels is in a movie where she takes on a Quad!

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I recall the days when nobody would give an Audi the time of day.
When was that?! I assume you're talking about in the USA?

I remember when the Audi Fox was around...at Porsche dealers; Porsche-Audi was a division of VW, of course, but Porsche was an established player and with the Fox coming off a European Car of the Year award, where it was known as the 80, it did pretty well. I remember them being pretty common around the Detroit/SE Michigan era when I was young, which was late '70s by the time I was paying attention to, and falling in love with cars.

Of course by the mid '80s, Quattro hit and that was that... I don't think Audi has slipped since.

Maybe those first couple of years in the '80s were tough in the USA, but I still think car enthusiasts were pretty open to the marque despite the reliability issues.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Yeah Audis had bad rap only in US....last car i had in Europe was BMW however Audis were already a force in Europe by then...it all started with buying NSU, then copying roofline off of Ro80, then quattro and 5cyl engines....Audi was on a rapid ascent from the rebadged 3volume square box VW by that time.....even the blamage in US was basically cultural blase of germans, they just said that americans dont know how to drive sporty cars with oedals close together.....well that did not go well....Audi is still peddling same concept, arched roofline and quattro....they have now hit a design dead end in my opinion, they also had to admit the defeat and went for quattro ultra because pressure for higher efficiency is so high....their basic driveline design however makes such ultra FWD until slippage is detected....they will ride their history for a while but nothing in their lineup currently stirrs my blood like Alfa does

1 - 20 of 46 Posts