Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it. And if I don't come back, I have to reset since NONE of the other websites I've EVER been to require all this 10 letters special symbol blah blah blah. I have to make a special one FOR YOU which I won't remember. I mean my bank is laughing at this!

What do you think's gonna happen to me? Someone will hack my avatar???

I bagged out of registering 3 times before singing on here, because I knew I would forget my password, and true...it's happened. So I don't want to come here. Crazy.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Just set your PC to remember your password when you log in.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Lol, I thought it was excessive as well, but bots are very clever and can log in and spam the site like crazy, hence the tight security. I set mine to remember my password, but I chose an easy one and am not worried about remembering it, it’s a word (capital first letter, just like in school), plus a symbol and some numbers.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Actually, most of the places I have an account/login at now require a stronger password, very similar to what this forum requires. Some have forced me to upgrade just as this site has.

Reactions: Alfa 1

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have any website that require 10 characters and special symbols, numbers, and upper/lower case.

I have a lot of computers to log in to, and it's a pain to make up a password for just this site.

But before thinking it's making a difference with special symbols, read the apology from the guy who to some degree started the craziness when he was working for the National Institute of Standards and Technology and now regrets it in a Wall Street Journal article.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-ma...ord-rules-has-a-new-tip-n3v-r-m1-d-1502124118

·
Registered
647 Posts
=1BigKDeal

(Whoops, sorry Kevin, guess I let the cat out of the bag on your password!) :surprise:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I believe this would qualify as a first world problem.

·
Registered
693 Posts
May I suggest LastPass....

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
This thread has gone downhill way tooooo fast. If you can crack the password for this thread, you can add to it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.