Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't be able to drive around for a couple of weeks unfortunately, and was wondering how to make sure the battery stays in good shape. I can get to the car and start her up etc, but just wont be able to drive around.

Cheers
PS>No one else is allowed to drive my Giulia :), and i don't have a battery tender.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I won't be able to drive around for a couple of weeks unfortunately, and was wondering how to make sure the battery stays in good shape. I can get to the car and start her up etc, but just wont be able to drive around.

Cheers
PS>No one else is allowed to drive my Giulia :), and i don't have a battery tender.
+3 on battery tender. I just use mine for a night or two right before I leave to give the battery a good charge, I don’t leave it hooked up while I’m gone.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your replies everyone.

if car is stored in garage, just unplug battery. can't be simpler than that.
I did this recently. Car sat for a solid 11 weeks in a garage. Unplugged the negative terminal.

Started up throwing a bunch of codes and misfiring, but I shut off/started again and she went back to normal immediately.
My car is in my garage, and I was thinking about doing that.... but I was wondering how do I open the trunk when I want to reconnect the battery?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

My car is in my garage, and I was thinking about doing that.... but I was wondering how do I open the trunk when I want to reconnect the battery?
That's why its best to use a battery tender. Avoid any unnecessary codes and rough idling because of a battery reconnect. In the end it's up to you which way you want to go about it though.

·
Registered
767 Posts

You'd have to fold your rear seat then climb through the car after manually opening the driver's door lol then open the emergency latch. Another option is to not fully close the trunk, but instead put say a box on it so it's effectively closed without being fully latched.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
No guarantees, but I keep track of my battery voltage with an app.... In a weeks time, it drops from 100% to 90~95 % capacity, so couple of weeks should in theory not be a problem....
That's with a 80 Ah EFB battery (the original), and a couple of added consumers like tracker and after market alarm.....

Don't know if my aftermarket alarm would like it btw if I disconnect the negative lead, but haven't tried it.

·
Registered
302 Posts

You can easily reach & action the trunk lid release lever from the rear seat. Use a 4-foot 1/2-in wooden rod or equivalent. While everything is working, check out the release lever first so that you know how (easy) it actions.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,409 Posts

Isn't there a red ribbon hidden in the trunk lid that you can pull out and use it to keep the trunk from locking? I'm pretty sure that's a thing

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If the car is in the garage anyway, why not just leave the boot open ??Or just put something over the lock, so it can't close.....
There would be no battery power anyway, as that is the goal of the exercise .... ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts