Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Alfacitizen, Alfa is back and we all root for it with our dollar and heart.
Let us provide feed back to Alfa to make it even better.
Everything goes - appearance improvement, engine and configuration wishes, from little thing like add trunk net hook to something big like adding the 2 chopped off cylinder back to the QV....
Together we will make sure there is better, more beautiful car for us and the next generation. Cheers ! :smile2:

... I will go with the 1st wish: make a 'development option' available on Giulia by adding a few configurable switches where the usb is under the climate controls. Drop the socket in the front engine compartment and one socket in the trunk, that way if any mod need a switch just tap into those sockets and the switch is right there, no more drill, no more routing extra wire, more reliable and neat. The switch can be used to control exhaust value or anything that is aftermarket. This way it will make the first adopters keep the car longer and will increase the resale value - my 2 cents wish.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
1) Agree that a more "Configurable Quad" would be better....allow factory pre sets but if desired allow me to configure all phases of exhaust, damper, traction control, etc in both Dynamic and Race mode...

2) Also, although I never eat or drink in my car, create deeper cup holders in front of the A/C controls so that beverages just don't get in the way....

3) Let me have a panoramic glass roof in my Quad if I want it

4) More seat color and material choices in the Quad ( I would have loved the Red Leather sport seats in my Quad )

5) Get rid of that ugly black engine cover....Either Carbon Fiber it or let me look at the hardware

6) Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser ....Optional is fine....

7) Factory Tubi exhaust option

8) Keep the MPH dead center in the dash in Race Mode...leave shift cues on top as they are

9) Benzi box 8 Track option.....whoa, sorry flashback.....D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't agree more on the number 5 !!

Keep the Ghibli Ghibli and Quad Guad :)
You got both you lucky man :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Way to Go !

The Jag Proj 8 look like a total makeover HGTV style. On the other hand, QV already have carbon fiber all over the place. If add back in that 2 cylinders to QV, Jag couldn't even eat the dust. IMO

At some point our Alfa community could do a crowd founding to build a super QV.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Giulia Wish List - some nits to pick

There are a few usability enhancements I would like now that I've been living with my car for a while. Most of these are just small annoyances that seem like relatively simple software updates, but what do I know?:

- The ability to turn off the function that makes the driver's seat move back when the ignition is turned off. Frankly, I don't really need the seat to move back so I can get in and out. I often have my kids in the car and the seat moving back every time makes it hard for my son to get out of the back seat and his backpack often gets pinned down on the floor.

- The car is supposed to do this according to the owner's manual, but it doesn't work: have the heated seat come on when the car is remotely started on sub-freezing days. Alternatively, remembering that I had it on before the car was last turned off and reverting to that setting would help, too, but it doesn't work that way. Minor thing, but it would a nice addition.

- Likewise, if I had the radio muted before the car was turned off it would be nice if it reverted to that setting when I restart. I rarely turn it all the way off.

- I'll repeat what others have said: the auto start/stop should have an universal "off" option. What a useless feature for my type of driving. Could just have the car remember that the driver turned it off between starts?

- Another small item, but nicer trim for the shift knob would be nice. I love the steering wheel on my base sport model but the cheap light plastic on the shift knob just doesn't match well. Leather, perhaps? It would give the whole interior a more substantial feel. I'm nitpicking here, I generally like the interior of my Giulia a lot and I get a lot of comments about how amazing it looks with the red leather.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
Isn't there an existing thread on this topic?
Beyond the lists so far
How about traction control on/off and ESC on/off?
CF hood option on 2.0T.
CF roof option on 2.0T.
Sparco seats with seat heaters.
Sparco seats with leather upholstery.
Sparco seat option on 2.0T.
CF interior trim option on 2.0T.
Tecnico wheels option on 2.0T.
Akropovic exhaust option (reference 4C).
Push button shift control (reference 4C).
Fiamme Air horn (option?).
Some kind of variable ride height option, especially on the Q4.

Factory installed Mopar accessories (hopefully at a lower price than fitting after the car is purchased) such as CF mirror covers, CF illuminated sill covers, and projection puddle lights.

More power from the 2.0T. If MBZ can coax 400HP out of a 2 liter 4, why not AR?

Reduce or eliminate the throttle lag issue. Other MFGs do not seem to have this issue.

Fix the issue with "disappearing cards" placed on top of the sliding lid that goes over the front cup holders.

Rear seat back release that can be reached from the interior of the car. Reaching through from the center section is OK.

Late additions:
Built in dash cam or at least a dash cam mounting point integrated into the windshield pod.
(ideal: increase the optional built in camera resolution and provide "video out" jacks for that and the back up camera to which a "pocket DVR" can be attached)
Smart phone mounting point or at least a good place to attach a smart phone mounting bracket.
Configurable center instrument display with more gauges to select from.
Seat pan tilt with sport/sparco seats.
Increase max width of sport seat bolster spacing.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Adding to the above:
• Headlamp washers on the 2.0L
• Mopar "bucket" floor mats
• Enhanced 2.0L exhaust in dynamic mode (and not some piped-in crap)
• Deeper seatback map pockets
• Separate deactivation switches for traction and stability control

Reactions: Roo, Max and ybba

·
Registered
449 Posts
Don’t forget the sync between heated seats and steering wheel with remote start. Also a way to self clean the sensors which seem to get blocked by snow or other road junk; grill sensors and windshield cam. Fully adjustable sport seats like the lusso. The other comments are also good!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It doesn't matter where you put the wishes in. It only matters that voice heard. Lockem, whatever you can do to combine the streams that is all fine with me.

If there are junior member happened to get a survey request (like I did) from AR i highly encourage u go ahead cut and paste all owner's comments and feed to them. We are an unique community and we all wish AR do well and next iteration of Giulia or Stelvio better than ever.
(and of course more model more engine choices).

Best regards to Lockem and i respect u as a senior member and Alfa fan.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
It has been said elsewhere but as a drivers car it needs a manual transmission available in the USA

Reactions: JohnWD

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The front defogger is weak. After a while the windshield left and right lower corner become foggy.

During driving, i have to activate the defogger multiple times - it crank up the fan to full speed, it clear the view in seconds. But other cars once on low fan speed usually no need to activate the function every so often.

I looked from outside in, found the slot where the hot air comes - it is not all length. It is just a slot at the center, no vent outlet near the left / right corner and that is why.

I hope Alfa will slightly redesign the slot to cover the corners as improvement.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
A few more:

Valet fob with a corresponding set of limits including max speed and max power.

Replace the existing speed limiter with a speed limit alarm.

Head up display with proper focus (not a simple projection onto the windshield) and selectable configuration.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Sonus Faber speakers for Alfa Romeo, lets keep it all Italian :--)
Too bad they don't sell their CF/Neo magnet car speakers individually.
I think buying a Pagani Huayra just to get the speakers out of it might be a little extreme.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My wish list is modest and based on my current car-buying experience. 72 hours ago I thought I was going to buy a Ti Sport with the Sport Performance package so that I could use the softer suspension setting to deal with the Sarajevo-after-the-war roads around here, but after test driving a car so optioned, it still wasn't nearly as comfortable as one with 18s and the mode set on N.

In sum, I'd have liked some more flexibility on options, so that I could have gotten either a base Sport with the Ti leather package and sport seats, or a Ti Sport with 18-inch wheels, or the paddle shifters as a stand-alone option.

(Ended up finding a Ti Lusso with the sport performance pack so that I could get the paddle shifters, 18-inch wheels and Ti leather on the same car, but I don't love the wheel design, would have preferred the sport seats, and had to compromise on color.)

That being said, the violins are tiny indeed.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts