Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well...I downloaded the updates from the Eng-Custom website. But the instructions say only for version Limcet-P305, mine is Limcet-P301. Does anyone know what the difference is? I sent them a message but have not gotten a response yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well...I downloaded the updates from the Eng-Custom website. But the instructions say only for version Limcet-P305, mine is Limcet-P301. Does anyone know what the difference is? I sent them a message but have not gotten a response yet.
For anyone in the same boat....I heard back from ENG-Custom. He said an update for Limcet-P301 will be out soon, but gave no estimated date. I still have no idea what the difference is between the two.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
414 Posts
Thanks for your reply.
From talking to KAP , they are working on a update that they will be testing and releasing shortly.

Let me know if you hear anything from them if you have a chance. I also have the black screen issue with KAP. Some time ago they wanted me to remove the unit and send it to them. I'm not interested in that. Like you I've noticed that the black screen comes when I'm making quick stops and out of the car for only a short while.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have just completed the install of a ENG Custom AA/CP unit into my Giulia MY2017...... not the easiest thing to do, but also not the hardest unit i have fitted to a car!!!

Just a small update for anybody with these units, and possibly some others such as the KAP and Kremer ones.

If you want Wireless Android Auto and Wired CarPlay (options that are not enabled on the uint by default)

Go into Settings
View attachment 107247

And Select Factory Mode, from System
View attachment 107248

Now the fin bit
View attachment 107249

The PIN is: 688612

From the New menu select Factory Settings
View attachment 107250

This is where you can change the settings for both AndroidAuto and CarPlay
View attachment 107251

Android Link Type:
The original setting for mine was "USB Android Auto, but there are options to select USB, USB & Wireless, USB CarLink???? As you can see mine is now set to "USB && Wireless Android Auto"

iPhone Link Type:
Again on mine it was set to "Wireless CarPlay", I have changed it to "USB & Wireless CarPlay"

Select Apply and then from the previous screen select "Reboot"

Now Pair your phone up if you have not already and enjoy!

Proof on my unit
View attachment 107252

Android Auto starting with Only Bluetooth connected, no USB

I have tried and tested the USB & Wireless options for Android Auto and confirm they work well. I have also tried Wireless CarPlay but NOT tried USB option
Does anyone have a description list for what all the setting options actually mean?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have just completed the install of a ENG Custom AA/CP unit into my Giulia MY2017...... not the easiest thing to do, but also not the hardest unit i have fitted to a car!!!

Just a small update for anybody with these units, and possibly some others such as the KAP and Kremer ones.

If you want Wireless Android Auto and Wired CarPlay (options that are not enabled on the uint by default)

Go into Settings
View attachment 107247

View attachment 107248

Now the fin bit
View attachment 107249

View attachment 107250

View attachment 107251

Android Link Type:
The original setting for mine was "USB Android Auto, but there are options to select USB, USB & Wireless, USB CarLink???? As you can see mine is now set to "USB && Wireless Android Auto"

iPhone Link Type:
Again on mine it was set to "Wireless CarPlay", I have changed it to "USB & Wireless CarPlay"

Proof on my unit
View attachment 107252

I have tried and tested the USB & Wireless options for Android Auto and confirm they work well. I have also tried Wireless CarPlay but NOT tried USB option
Hi, where did you go for the installation? I'm in London, just ordered the unit

·
Registered
2 Posts

Go into Settings
View attachment 107247

View attachment 107248

Now the fin bit
View attachment 107249

View attachment 107250

View attachment 107251

Android Link Type:

iPhone Link Type:

Proof on my unit
View attachment 107252

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear iSquithy, just had the system installed by my Alfa dealer, but when started this to play music, I got no sound. Checked settings based on your post, all were already set as you suggested, but when I then tried to play around with the car play options on regular interface my screen turned black (off) in carplay mode. Work OK in regular Alfa mode, but can't switch carplay display back on. Have you/has anyone had that problem and or asuggestion as to what to do?
Thanks and greetings from a German Alfisti

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "iSquithy, publicación: 880852, miembro: 32773"]

Go into Settings
View attachment 107247

View attachment 107248

Now the fin bit
View attachment 107249

View attachment 107250

View attachment 107251

Android Link Type:
La configuración original para la mía era "USB Android Auto, pero hay opciones para seleccionar USB, USB e Inalámbrico, USB CarLink ???? Como puede ver, la mía ahora está configurada en" USB && Inalámbrico Android Auto "

Tipo de enlace de iPhone:
De nuevo en el mío estaba establecido en "Wireless CarPlay", lo cambié a "USB & Wireless CarPlay"

Seleccione Aplicar y luego en la pantalla anterior seleccione "Reiniciar"

¡Ahora empareja tu teléfono si aún no lo has hecho y disfrútalo!

Prueba en mi unidad
View attachment 107252

Android Auto comenzando con solo Bluetooth conectado, sin USB

Probé y probé las opciones USB e inalámbricas para Android Auto y confirmo que funcionan bien. También probé Wireless CarPlay pero NO probé la opción USB
[/ CITA]

Go into Settings
View attachment 107247

View attachment 107248

Now the fin bit
View attachment 107249

View attachment 107250

View attachment 107251

Android Link Type:
La configuración original para la mía era "USB Android Auto, pero hay opciones para seleccionar USB, USB e Inalámbrico, USB CarLink ???? Como puede ver, la mía ahora está configurada en" USB && Inalámbrico Android Auto "

Tipo de enlace de iPhone:
De nuevo en el mío estaba configurado en "Wireless CarPlay", lo cambié a "USB & Wireless CarPlay"

Seleccione Aplicar y luego en la pantalla anterior seleccione "Reiniciar"

¡Ahora empareja tu teléfono si aún no lo has hecho y disfrútalo!

Prueba en mi unidad
View attachment 107252

Android Auto comenzando con solo Bluetooth conectado, sin USB

Probé y probé las opciones USB e inalámbricas para Android Auto y confirmo que funcionan bien. También probé Wireless CarPlay pero NO probé la opción USB
[/CITA]
¿Qué módulo me recomiendan, ENG CUSTOM o KREMERSINO ISMART?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Go into Settings
View attachment 107247

View attachment 107248

Now the fin bit
View attachment 107249

View attachment 107250

View attachment 107251

Android Link Type:

iPhone Link Type:

Proof on my unit
View attachment 107252

Mine arrives from Italy this Friday. I’m excited to get it installed!

·
Registered
13 Posts
For anyone in the same boat....I heard back from ENG-Custom. He said an update for Limcet-P301 will be out soon, but gave no estimated date. I still have no idea what the difference is between the two.
I have the same Limcet P301 and I contacted Eng-custom just now. Says it will be out soon and that they are working on it. I guess we will be waiting for a while as you heard "soon" four months ago:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can any of you please tell me how do I unclip the oen unti's power socket..I have pulled the unti halfway down but could not figure out how to unclip the power wires from the unit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have a link for these downloads? Can’t find them on the Eng Custom site. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Inoltre per chi fosse interessato, ci sono altre opzioni lì dentro,

L'apprendimento della chiave IR
[ALLEGARE=completo]107253[/ALLEGARE]

Non ho pasticciato con questo perché non è installato alcun nodulo IR

E per chi è interessato... no, non c'è l'opzione di avvio dell'Alfa Romeo!
[ALLEGARE=completo]107254[/ALLEGARE]

Parola di attenzione, NON ENTRARE IN PROVA LCD ...sembra carino ma non puoi uscirne!
[ALLEGARE=completo]107255[/ALLEGARE]
[/CITAZIONE]

salve, ho questa versione del software, posso comunque fare il reset di fabbrica? Non riesco a trovare nessuna traccia di questa scatola p-220 da nessuna parte. Aiuto! View attachment 121464

·
Registered
2 Posts
[CITAZIONE="iSquithy, post: 880852, membro: 32773"]
Ho appena completato l'installazione di un'unità ENG Custom AA/CP nella mia Giulia MY2017......non è la cosa più semplice da fare, ma nemmeno l'unità più difficile che ho montato su un'auto!!!

Solo un piccolo aggiornamento per chiunque abbia queste unità, e forse alcune altre come quelle KAP e Kremer.

Se vuoi Wireless Android Auto e Wired CarPlay (opzioni che non sono abilitate su uint per impostazione predefinita)

Vai in Impostazioni
View attachment 107247

E seleziona la modalità di fabbrica, da Sistema
View attachment 107248

Ora la punta della pinna
View attachment 107249

Il PIN è: 688612

Dal menu Nuovo selezionare Impostazioni di fabbrica
View attachment 107250

Qui è dove puoi modificare le impostazioni sia per AndroidAuto che per CarPlay
View attachment 107251

Tipo di collegamento Android:
L'impostazione originale per il mio era "USB Android Auto, ma ci sono opzioni per selezionare USB, USB e Wireless, USB CarLink???? Come puoi vedere il mio è ora impostato su "USB e& Wireless Android Auto"

Tipo di collegamento iPhone:
Ancora una volta sul mio era impostato su "Wireless CarPlay", l'ho cambiato in "USB & Wireless CarPlay"

Seleziona Applica e quindi dalla schermata precedente seleziona "Riavvia"

Ora abbina il tuo telefono se non l'hai già fatto e divertiti!

Prova sulla mia unità
[ALLEGARE=completo]107252[/ALLEGARE]

Android Auto a partire con Solo Bluetooth connesso, nessuna USB

Ho provato e provato le opzioni USB e wireless per Android Auto e confermo che funziona bene. Ho anche provato Wireless CarPlay ma NON ho provato l'opzione USB
[/CITAZIONE]
salve, ho questa versione del software, posso comunque fare il reset di fabbrica? Non riesco a trovare nessuna traccia di questa scatola p-220 da nessuna parte. Aiuto![/QUOTE]
Ho appena completato l'installazione di un'unità ENG Custom AA/CP nella mia Giulia MY2017......non è la cosa più semplice da fare, ma nemmeno l'unità più difficile che ho montato su un'auto!!!

Solo un piccolo aggiornamento per chiunque abbia queste unità, e forse alcune altre come quelle KAP e Kremer.

Se vuoi Wireless Android Auto e Wired CarPlay (opzioni che non sono abilitate su uint per impostazione predefinita)

Vai in Impostazioni
View attachment 107247

E seleziona la modalità di fabbrica, da Sistema
View attachment 107248

Ora la punta della pinna
View attachment 107249

Il PIN è: 688612

Dal menu Nuovo selezionare Impostazioni di fabbrica
View attachment 107250

Qui è dove puoi modificare le impostazioni sia per AndroidAuto che per CarPlay
View attachment 107251

Tipo di collegamento Android:
L'impostazione originale per il mio era "USB Android Auto, ma ci sono opzioni per selezionare USB, USB e Wireless, USB CarLink???? Come puoi vedere il mio è ora impostato su "USB e& Wireless Android Auto"

Tipo di collegamento iPhone:
Ancora una volta sul mio era impostato su "Wireless CarPlay", l'ho cambiato in "USB & Wireless CarPlay"

Seleziona Applica e quindi dalla schermata precedente seleziona "Riavvia"

Ora abbina il tuo telefono se non l'hai già fatto e divertiti!

Prova sulla mia unità
View attachment 107252

Android Auto a partire con Solo Bluetooth connesso, nessuna USB

Ho provato e testato le opzioni USB e wireless per Android Auto e confermo che funzionano bene. Ho anche provato Wireless CarPlay ma NON ho provato l'opzione USB
[/CITAZIONE]
salve, ho questa versione del software, posso comunque fare il reset di fabbrica? Non riesco a trovare nessuna traccia di questa scatola p-220 da nessuna parte. Aiuto!
Font Display device Multimedia Electronic device Screenshot

21 - 38 of 38 Posts