Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just completed the install of a ENG Custom AA/CP unit into my Giulia MY2017...... not the easiest thing to do, but also not the hardest unit i have fitted to a car!!!

Just a small update for anybody with these units, and possibly some others such as the KAP and Kremer ones.

If you want Wireless Android Auto and Wired CarPlay (options that are not enabled on the uint by default)

Go into Settings

And Select Factory Mode, from System

Now the fin bit

The PIN is: 688612

From the New menu select Factory Settings

This is where you can change the settings for both AndroidAuto and CarPlay

Android Link Type:
The original setting for mine was "USB Android Auto, but there are options to select USB, USB & Wireless, USB CarLink???? As you can see mine is now set to "USB && Wireless Android Auto"

iPhone Link Type:
Again on mine it was set to "Wireless CarPlay", I have changed it to "USB & Wireless CarPlay"

Select Apply and then from the previous screen select "Reboot"

Now Pair your phone up if you have not already and enjoy!

Proof on my unit

Android Auto starting with Only Bluetooth connected, no USB

I have tried and tested the USB & Wireless options for Android Auto and confirm they work well. I have also tried Wireless CarPlay but NOT tried USB option

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also for those interested, there are some other options in there,

The IR Key Learning

I have not messed with this as there is no IR nodule installed

And for those intrested.... no there is no Alfa Romeo boot option!

Word of Caution, DONT ENTER LCD TEST...it looks pretty but you can not exit out of it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Holy shit, I just tried this for wireless AA and it worked first time. Why isn't this the default option from the factory??? Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have an older version so the option is not there. I'll ask if it's an upgrade but I suspect it could be the BT module as mine seems to be different. The hardware version is the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an older version so the option is not there. I'll ask if it's an upgrade but I suspect it could be the BT module as mine seems to be different. The hardware version is the same.
What is your Software and Bluetooth version?

There is a software update that they have released this month that I have requested from them...currently waiting for their response. As I understand it, the Bluetooth is used to set up a WiFi Direct connection so having a different Bluetooth module should not effect it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taken from the ENG-Custom website:

Last news
  • 20-01-2021 21:37:46 - Limcet p305 ENG V2 AndroidAuto Wireless update released. - CarPlay Android Auto Mirror Link Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Giulia
  • 18-11-2020 20:31:21 - Released update V2 Re
I have applied for and downloaded the above mentioned update, there are 2 versions of it one for hardware 02-0006-06 and one for 02-0006-05. I have re-uploaded them onto MEGA with the original PDF, video instructions and the update itself. The PDF also points to the source files should you prefer them.

Limcet-P305 - Hardware version: 02-0006-05-xx

Limcet-P305 - Hardware version: 02-0006-06-xx

It is my understanding that the difference between the ENG-Custom, KAP and Kremer units is the bootsplash ONLY. This update has the ENG-Custom bootsplash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hahahaha, that would be so helpful (and easier) if my Giulia had that pocket to remove lol!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well looks like the software is compatible with the Kremer unit as you stated it's the bootsplash.

The only thing that I had to do differently was to let the unit turn off as the last step. It appeared that the unit was in a hung state! So I shut the car and 5 minutes later it was all set. Works like a charm.

*Please do this at your own risk

I had the old version handy in the hope that I can roll back the changes.

@iSquithy thanks for your advise. Now I'm in the 2020's

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Kremer version if you like. I haven't had any problems only blacked out once.
That would be great thanks. The kplay unit seems to black out if I do 4-5 short trips in succession. By the 4th or 5th trip i will get the black screen.
It's frustrating at the 4th or 5th trip is normally the long drive home from running errands 😂

·
Registered
46 Posts
Below is a screenshot from my KAP unit running the latest firmware.
So you think the eng custom or kremer update would work?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Apologies for the delay in responding to you @Paulryanmini that looks very different. I wouldn't know if it could be upgraded using the software here. Have you tried contacting KAP?

I looked at the website below and the hardware looks different.

KAP TRADER
Thanks for your reply.
From talking to KAP , they are working on a update that they will be testing and releasing shortly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Taken from the ENG-Custom website:

Last news
  • 20-01-2021 21:37:46 - Limcet p305 ENG V2 AndroidAuto Wireless update released. - CarPlay Android Auto Mirror Link Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Giulia
  • 18-11-2020 20:31:21 - Released update V2 Re
I have applied for and downloaded the above mentioned update, there are 2 versions of it one for hardware 02-0006-06 and one for 02-0006-05. I have re-uploaded them onto MEGA with the original PDF, video instructions and the update itself. The PDF also points to the source files should you prefer them.

Limcet-P305 - Hardware version: 02-0006-05-xx

Limcet-P305 - Hardware version: 02-0006-06-xx

It is my understanding that the difference between the ENG-Custom, KAP and Kremer units is the bootsplash ONLY. This update has the ENG-Custom bootsplash.
Did you backup your device before running the update? If so, how. I'm a little worried about bricking my unit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts