Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I missed it in the manual but is anybody aware if wipers can be put in service position when they can be lifted up?

I clean windshield every day and most brands these days have service position, havent figured it out on Giulia yet though....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Set the wipers to 0 before turning off the car, then within two minutes of turning it off pull the lever upwards for at least 3 seconds.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As always, thank you Mac, very helpful.
I assume they slip right back next time I start the car?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,671 Posts
The video reminds me of a related question: when I drive in a snow storm snow tends to build up around the wiper arms sometimes impairing wiper operation and/or forward visibility. With my current vehicles I can simply stop, lift the arm and then scrape the snow out. Does Giulia have a mechanism to prevent said build up (the defrosters on my current vehicle do not warm the bottom 2 inches/50mm of the windshield, which is where the wipers rest) and if not, how is it supposed to be cleared given that the wiper arms may be too stiff to move for the wiper motor/mechanism to handle?

Same question applies if the wipers were not raised and the car gets covered with snow while parked.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Maybe I missed it in the manual but is anybody aware if wipers can be put in service position when they can be lifted up?

I clean windshield every day and most brands these days have service position, havent figured it out on Giulia yet though....[/QUOTE

There is a wealth of functionality videos on youtube.
I searched:
2018 Giulia Alfa Romeo USA Service Videos
After one played, another began.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does everyone keep the wiper blades when parking outside during snow storm? The video above explains how to lift them to service and clean the windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts