Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Wiper washer fluid

17K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Avnyc11 
#1 ·
Had my QV only 3 weeks and only used the washer fluid maybe 10 times and already I got a low washer fluid level warning.

I see in the manual that the capacity is only 1 gallon. Anyone experience this? In my Honda, I only had to refill once a year

#4 ·
What kind of warning? I've never received any kind of notification.

#7 ·
Anyone know if there is a special type of fluid needed or if any wiper fluid will do?

#8 ·
Do not use orange Rain-x washer fluid.

https://www.google.com/search?q=orange+rain+x+sensor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

Either use the cheap-o blue stuff (methanol, water, and blue dye), or use something a bit more premium:

It makes 7 gallons (full concentrate, or 12gal @ 1/2) and I've had the same bottle since 2016.
This is simply the best summer washer concentrate I've ever used, removes road film and bug guts with ease.

We don't have cold weather in Texas, so I don't have to bother with freezing temperatures.

#9 ·
Thanks. Never had to worry about summer and winter fluid before but I think I'm going to have to now.

Are there any adverse effects to using winter fluid in the summer?

#10 ·
Not really, but I believe you really only need winter fluid if your car typically stands outside in sub-30*F weather.

I doubt you'd get much freezing from a garage kept car with a warm engine.

However, you can counteract freezing by using distilled water, along with rubbing alcohol.

#12 ·
I got the low washer fluid warning again :crying:

I bought and used this when it was low and poured about 80% of it in the car (couldn't see a fill level but looked like I was close to the top) and it's low again. I don't use it that much so not sure what's going on.

#15 ·
If you're running out quickly and don't use it often then the most logical explanation is that you have a leak in the system somewhere. Either that or gnomes are getting drunk on this stuff at night when you're asleep.
A leak could make sense. I'll add it to the list for my yearly service
Do these cars clean the headlights automatically on some sort of schedule/trigger?

#18 ·
The factory fill is Petronas Durance SC35, aka Petronas Tutela Sc35, depending on market.

I put some F-Jas scented stuff in mine, frankincense and myrrh, and it’s kind of cool; the car smells good!

Downside is that I unknowingly selected a Summer spec concentrate, so I need to use it up before winter gets here. It’s also pretty expensive, so I doubt I’ll buy any again.

The Petronas actually smells noticeably nicely, which is what stirred my interest in scented screenwash.

#26 ·
I find that the windshield washers spray a lot of fluid very fast and very hard. It gets on the roof of the car and probably on the car behind me. Perhaps running out of fluid quickly is normal for this car?

I believe that accessing reservoir requires removing the right front fender. Maybe something you don't want to do unless you are absolutely certain that there is a leak?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.