Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my QV only 3 weeks and only used the washer fluid maybe 10 times and already I got a low washer fluid level warning.

I see in the manual that the capacity is only 1 gallon. Anyone experience this? In my Honda, I only had to refill once a year

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have owned mine for seven months, and I am not sure I have ever used the wiper washer fluid. At the rate I am going, mine will last forever.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
What kind of warning? I've never received any kind of notification.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know if there is a special type of fluid needed or if any wiper fluid will do?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anyone know if there is a special type of fluid needed or if any wiper fluid will do?

Do not use orange Rain-x washer fluid.

https://www.google.com/search?q=orange+rain+x+sensor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

Either use the cheap-o blue stuff (methanol, water, and blue dye), or use something a bit more premium:

It makes 7 gallons (full concentrate, or 12gal @ 1/2) and I've had the same bottle since 2016.
This is simply the best summer washer concentrate I've ever used, removes road film and bug guts with ease.

We don't have cold weather in Texas, so I don't have to bother with freezing temperatures.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Never had to worry about summer and winter fluid before but I think I'm going to have to now.

Are there any adverse effects to using winter fluid in the summer?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not really, but I believe you really only need winter fluid if your car typically stands outside in sub-30*F weather.

I doubt you'd get much freezing from a garage kept car with a warm engine.

However, you can counteract freezing by using distilled water, along with rubbing alcohol.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live in NY and have had some bad winters recently so I'd rather not risk it

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the low washer fluid warning again :crying:

I bought and used this when it was low and poured about 80% of it in the car (couldn't see a fill level but looked like I was close to the top) and it's low again. I don't use it that much so not sure what's going on.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you're running out quickly and don't use it often then the most logical explanation is that you have a leak in the system somewhere. Either that or gnomes are getting drunk on this stuff at night when you're asleep.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you're running out quickly and don't use it often then the most logical explanation is that you have a leak in the system somewhere. Either that or gnomes are getting drunk on this stuff at night when you're asleep.
A leak could make sense. I'll add it to the list for my yearly service

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
A leak could make sense. I'll add it to the list for my yearly service
Do these cars clean the headlights automatically on some sort of schedule/trigger?

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do these cars clean the headlights automatically on some sort of schedule/trigger?
Not sure. But I forgot that the headlights get cleaned too. They could also explain it

·
Registered
73 Posts
My warming light came on last week and I just refilled it with the regular blue stuff, a full gallon. I was a little surprised about how early it came on after only a few months but I do use it periodically. I guess 1 gallon b/c weight savings!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
The factory fill is Petronas Durance SC35, aka Petronas Tutela Sc35, depending on market.

I put some F-Jas scented stuff in mine, frankincense and myrrh, and it’s kind of cool; the car smells good!

Downside is that I unknowingly selected a Summer spec concentrate, so I need to use it up before winter gets here. It’s also pretty expensive, so I doubt I’ll buy any again.

The Petronas actually smells noticeably nicely, which is what stirred my interest in scented screenwash.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
no. Only if the headlights are on, and you use the stalk to trigger the windscreen washer. You can't miss it, it sprays all over your bonnet ;)

And only the versions with 35 W xenons have an indicator for low washer fluid for some reason ....

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
And only the versions with 35 W xenons have an indicator for low washer fluid for some reason ....
That's interesting! Yeah, why??! And how did you figure that out? Two things I'd have never guessed were related.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts