Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Quadrifoglio is coming with some amazingly sticky Pirelli rubber Pirelli P Zero Corsa. I started looking around for some winter tire options and found this admonition at Tire Rack

"P Zero Corsa System radials meet DOT requirements, however they are not recommended for driving in wet conditions where standing water is present and there is the risk of hydroplaning; drivers should drive cautiously at reduced speeds if they encounter these conditions. And like all Streetable Track & Competition tires, P Zero Corsa System radials are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. It's also essential these tires be stored indoors at temperatures maintained above 32 degrees F."

It basically describes the exact conditions we experience in the Vancouver area between Nov and Feb.

I am starting to wonder if a winter tire option is going to be required.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I am wondering the same, if "delivery" goes as scheduled we are looking at getting them here in the USA in the next month or so right in time for the middle of winter. I was thinking about the continental DWS06 tires as they are a great all season but finding winters maybe hard on those widths.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire Rack website has the Quadrifoglio loaded up on its web site and has summer / performance tire options, but zero winter tire options. May be a size / width constraint?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info - we get more rain / slush / wet snow here in the Pacific North West than "studded" conditions. But good to know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called Tire Rack and their database only lists 2 x tires that are made in the Quadrifoglio sizes: 285/30R-19 and 245/35R-19. These are the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 and PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II XL. My local tire guy says Continental also makes a winter tire in that size. After calling multiple stores and striking out one chain in my area managed to find 4 of the Pirelli which I have secured. I will likely buy a second set of Alfa wheels but who knows how long it will take before they can ordered. So for now assuming the car arrives before the spring, I will remove the P Zero Corsa and install the winters.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Alpin PA4 are quite good unless you need them for deep (> 6") of snow. They were originally created as a winter tire for the 911 so I think they'll be just fine on the QF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts