Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creative project while binge watching the Alienist last night. I pinstriped my winter floor mats to match the green and white stitching. Well, in the course of planning this out, I looked at the interior stitching and chose green inside, white outside to match the panel stitching. Low and behold when I loaded up the car this morning I see the stock Alfa mats in my trunk were the opposite! Love those Italian designers. ;) So I've only done one and I could take the time to clean a reverse it but I figure keeping a matching set is probably better. The grooves where I put the stripes will make it hard to remove the paint. And you will see a good match with the panels anyway. Two coats came out well. Testors model master paints ;) I may try acrylics if it doesn't flex enough. Be careful cleaning too.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here's the passenger side. Gloss white and green. I like the way it's coming out but a pin striping brush would go a lot faster than my 00.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear passenger side

Attachments

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Tasteful appointment.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Finished the other rear last night. Now to drill out my curb ramps some more. The solid rubber weighs a ton but being able to hide them under the shrubs helps. I am using them to save the diffuser on the Quad, and front lip on the 360. They do help. I will add skid strips to the Quad splitter and bumper corners too.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Now to drill out my curb ramps some more. The solid rubber weighs a ton but being able to hide them under the shrubs helps.
Huh? Are you saying you keep rubber ramps at the foot of your drive to get the cars in over the curb? Wow, that's a lot of work!

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well yeah, through the gutter is more like it. The concrete of the side walk pitches up so sharply that things will scrape. It's a crappy city design. It's up to full height in less than half the width of the sidewalk. It could be plenty more shallow. And those wheel eating granite curbs too! The 2018 Quad has a higher spring height and short overhang so I may not really need it going in, but backing out, I just don't want to risk it after hearing about the diffuser scraping. If it was an issue for my 348 and 360 it probably is for the Quad diffuser. Once I got the Quad home, I bolted the three parts together to leave them there hoping the plows would be ok but there was too much curiosity from the train passengers walking up our street from the station so I defaulted to my original plan which is to hide them under the shrubs about 12 feet up from the sidewalk and above the retaining wall. They weigh a ton and that is the main deterrent, but best when they are all bolted together. Since I was getting by with 2 separated, and had drilled them out to lighten them, I was kind of in a bind. They are still heavy enough to wear me out at each "transaction." I am feeling it more in my back now that arthritis is setting in and I am over 50. The dang 900mb nor'easters didn'thelp either! For real! I think a lot of us got the bends and didn't know why! :O Hiding them is nicer all around and the street is on the up and up so I kind of want to go with it. If I can take a couple more pounds off them I should be OK. Each drill core is a good part of a pound. I lift with my legs and everything. The drill holes make good finger grips too ;) I'm using a 1.5 inch hole saw. Soapy water and dish detergent as a lube when drilling. I'll start a new thread on this. Pics of the ramps too. They are good quality I just know there has to be a better way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts