Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield wiper started stuttering in a heavy downpour after about 5 minutes. This only happens in heavy rain, the wipers wipe perfectly fine in lighter rain or when I use the washers. The car is only few months old. On previous cars I only had stuttering in the winter when it was very cold, or when there wasn't enough water on the windshield. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Clean window thoroughly and use Zymol Detailer with 2 very clean microfiber (high quality, washed first in detergent, bleach, softener, HOT WATER, remove tags)...One to apply and one to wipe....Stutter no more...

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I have the same issue, will give this a try!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clean window thoroughly and use Zymol Detailer with 2 very clean microfiber (high quality, washed first in detergent, bleach, softener, HOT WATER, remove tags)...One to apply and one to wipe....Stutter no more...
Thank you, I will give it a try!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is typically caused by Rain-x type products.

What I'd use in gradual succession:

1st attempt: Sonax Glass Cleaner

2nd: 90% alcohol

3rd: Sprayway foaming glass and clay bar

4th: Glass polish with a dual action polisher (Porter-Cable, FLEX, etc.)
(Auto-geek's in house brand is quite good: https://www.autogeek.net/dia-glasswork-restorer.html)

5th: Bon Ami 1886
Thanks for the tip! I haven't used any Rain-x, but I did use a "waterless" carwash product on the car, which stated that it was okay to be used on the windshield as well. I will stop using it and will clean the windshield with glass cleaner and rubbing alcohol. I will see if that does the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts