Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I found out that there is fluid left. There is no low fluid light for this car?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,116 Posts
According to page 92 of my owner's manual there is. Of course I don't have total faith in that, given I have never seen the "possible ice on road" described on page 87.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess they omitted certain features? This is my first car that doesn’t have a sensor indicating that there is fluid left. I know it’s not a big deal but omitting a sensor such as this is mind boggling

According to page 92 of my owner's manual there is. Of course I don't have total faith in that, given I have never seen the "possible ice on road" described on page 87.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hummmmm, I’ve had the yellow snowflake for most of the last two weeks, including inside the garage , in the morning, when we dipped down to 8 after being below freezing for the day and nigh before that.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Months after owning the car through the summer, I ran out of washer fluid which was put in there from the factory. There was no light that alerted me I was out. I then refilled it with very normal fluid with nothing special added to it. I went through that with no alert either.

I have concluded there is no sensor.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is supposed to be a light per my advisor. Another thing to put on the list. Going next week in for this and another thing I’m posting in a few. Please put this thread under problems thanks

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Do you use that orange Rain-x stuff?

If so, you gummed up the sensor.
Where did you learn that?

Reminds me of dryer fabric softener sheets contaminating moisture sensors.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Rain x caused 3 mile long thread on bimmer forum years ago, glazed sensor, however light would come up when tank was full and never go out until you replaced reservoir

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
How about the chap that used regular windshield washer fluid and got no low fluid warning?

I'm assuming he didn't use Rain X ?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Where did you learn that?

Reminds me of dryer fabric softener sheets contaminating moisture sensors.
Yeah, once or twice a year, I spray some carburetor cleaner on a shop towel and clean the moisture sensor in the Maytag. Fixes her right-up.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have not seen the light for the "Possible Ice on Road". Has anyone else seen this. Pulled out of my garage, it was 46. Temp outside dipped to below 30. Warning light never came on. See attached for the on-board manual as to what is "supposed" to come on.

Should I call the dealer about this. Got the car last week. Could any other warning lights not be working?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I have not seen the light for the "Possible Ice on Road". Has anyone else seen this. Pulled out of my garage, it was 46. Temp outside dipped to below 30. Warning light never came on. See attached for the on-board manual as to what is "supposed" to come on.

Should I call the dealer about this. Got the car last week. Could any other warning lights not be working?
Yep, seen it. After removing it, you have a small, yellow snowflake at the bottom of the display till it warms up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yep, seen it. After removing it, you have a small, yellow snowflake at the bottom of the display till it warms up.

Thanks. Two quick questions: (1) I saw neither the warning nor the yellow snowflake. Do you think this is something that warrants dealer attention? (i.e. is it linked to other warning systems that may not be working; (2) how do you create a post on this forum? I would have done that, rather than hijack this thread!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine has come on multiple times, Indiana is cold

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
No snowflake seen. Thermometer suffices, though I'd like to see it reach outside ambient temperature faster after leaving garage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As washer fluid goes, I use the same mix on every car I've had since the 90's.
I recommend a 50% / 50% blend of Windex(or similar) and 91%(or higher) rubbing alcohol.
This mix will keep windows streak free with no fluid freezing issues.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts