Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately, I saw this post after the fact. Just had my ti sport tinted today. Immediately afterwards, no more sound. I’ll call the dealership tomorrow. Glad to know it should be covered under warranty. I’ll also share the “How To...” with my local tinter. Thx everyone for sharing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone in Atlanta is looking to get their Giulia tinted safely, check us out. We have tinted plenty of them and make sure everything is properly protected. We carry Llumar and 3M window films backed by a Nationwide Lifetime Warranty and our Exclusive Breakage Protection. We are also 3M Crystalline Certified...1st shop in GA.

Dynamic Appearance
6300 Jimmy Carter Blvd, Ste 104
Norcross, GA 30071
678-622-7144

Facebook.com/DynamicAppearance
DynamicAppearance.com
AtlantaTint.com

Even if you are not in GA and have any questions about window tint, film options, film technologies, etc...I will be happy to answer them for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flashing odometer usually is an indication of a CAN bus error, which can happen if devices on the CAN bus are exchanged/removed. Usually requires a proxi alignment,
Did they perhaps temporarily disconnect window and/or door control modules to remove/tint the windows ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flashing odometer usually is an indication of a CAN bus error, which can happen if devices on the CAN bus are exchanged/removed. Usually requires a proxi alignment,
Did they perhaps temporarily disconnect window and/or door control modules to remove/tint the windows ?
Same thing as happened to mine I believe . I replaced the amp but this showing the error. Is the proxi alignment something that I can do 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
...... Is the proxi alignment something that I can do 🤦‍♂️
Only if you have "MultiEcuScan" , MES , plus security gateway bypass for cars after beginning 2018. Otherwise it's a trip to dealer to hookup to the Witech test computer

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Sport Ti Q4 (Rosso)
120 Posts
Dang, just got bitten by this myself. Driving home I heard a loud hum then an even louder POP; then silence. Reset audio, etc. ..

Called the dealer and the first thing out of the service managers mouth was "did you get it tinted recently?"

Good news is my family uses a local family business to tint our cars; probably had 5 tinted with him in the past 10 years. He called me ASAP this AM and said he would handle any issues/expenses. Stand up guy and does honest business. He may not know it, but that was a very big weight lifted from my shoulders!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I posted this in the "gremlins" but figured it might get more exposure here. I had my windows tinted two days ago and after picking up the car I get a SOUND SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE message in the center display. The message goes off then I am left with a small yellow speaker symbol with an explanation mark and my mileage display flashes continually. I went to a local Alfa dealer and the manager said they are having the exact same issue with another one who also had their windows tinted. He said he has no idea what to do and is in talks with some one at Alfa . His suggestion was to remove the tint. I asked him 'what happens if I remove the tint and it still persists" he shrugged. For reference I had Suntek CXP installed. I just hate the thought of spending $300 on the tint just to strip it off and find out that's not the issue . Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Matt
maybe the solution they use for the film got behind the door and shorted a speaker causing the amp to go bad? Should have absolutely nothing to do with tint itself.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,202 Posts
maybe the solution they use for the film got behind the door and shorted a speaker causing the amp to go bad? Should have absolutely nothing to do with tint itself.
Known issue, it drips on the amp and destroys it.

Reactions: Billyp7718

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Sport Ti Q4 (Rosso)
120 Posts
I’m reaching here; did you check fuses? Maybe pull the battery and reset that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m reaching here; did you check fuses? Maybe pull the battery and reset that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea check the fuse it was blown . Replaced it . Changed amp . Alfa service agent did a proxy alligment , but it still won’t work . They don’t know why.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts