Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner's guide says "where available".

This means that the feature has not been enabled "yet".

Would like a software update that allows the remotes to open and close the windows when the car is off.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can I bother other owners to try this feature?

With the car off, press and hold the "unlock" button for a few seconds. The windows should go down.

Oppositely, roll the windows down part way, exit the car and then press and hold the "lock" button for a few seconds. The windows should go up.

Is this feature enabled on your car? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alfa called to follow up on the customer satisfaction survey and to discuss the window up/down remote control issue. They called back and said the feature *should be operable and I should take the car to the dealer. Minutes later the dealer called and asked when I could bring it in for a visit. Soon!

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Complete about-face: Alfa Romeo customer service called back to state that the window remote control up/down feature will NOT be enabled for USA based models.

The feature *DOES* exist for European models.

My .02-- the issue is "coding". If the body control module can be re-coded, the window feature will operate. BTDT with competitor's cars from Germany.

Looking for anyone with Wi-Tech capabilities? Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Complete about-face: Alfa Romeo customer service called back to state that the window remote control up/down feature will NOT be enabled for USA based models.

My .02-- the issue is "coding". If the body control module can be re-coded, the window feature will operate. BTDT with competitor's cars from Germany.

Again like the paddle shifter question this is a safety issue that NHTSA will not allow US cars to have.

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone able to get a programmer on one of these can definitely activate that feature! It'll be something like Audi and Vag-Com right?
Exactly. Small world. I've done it on a B5 S4 and D3 S8. My guess is that the manufacturers are worried about a "pinch" situation if a child is in the car and happens to put their arm through a window that is open while the remote control feature is activated. The current overdraw protection causes the window to stop if there is a blockage, so no big deal in the liability realm in my unofficial opinion capacity.

Looking into Wi-Tech options now..

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Exactly. Small world. I've done it on a B5 S4 and D3 S8. My guess is that the manufacturers are worried about a "pinch" situation if a child is in the car and happens to put their arm through a window that is open while the remote control feature is activated. The current overdraw protection causes the window to stop if there is a blockage, so no big deal in the liability realm in my unofficial opinion capacity.

Looking into Wi-Tech options now..
Have you learned anything? I would love to add this feature too. So far all I've been able to do through the OBD2 port is turn off the seatbelt alarm....

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't pursued it since last year... though, wondering if any MY18 owners can give it a try?

·
Registered
402 Posts

Just another in a long line of features the Giulia is missing that its competitors have. And Alfa corporate is clueless and needs to call Italy every time there is a question. FCA is a disgrace. Sell Alfa to a better company.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.