Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear wind noise through driver side window/door area as if the window is cracked open when driving. Is this normal on this car?

·
Registered
328 Posts
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/385-exterior/21017-giulia-quadrifoglio-wind-noise-issue.html

Seems a few of us have had this problem. Read through the above thread as this has been discussed a few times.

And a quote from FirstAlfa today, "I am 6ft tall and my ear lines up close to the B pillar so check the back door seals. Also my Wind noise wasn't a door seal, it was the chrome finishing strip on the rear door on lower part of the window, it's glued into place, unless mine already came loose at dealer and they glued it. The rear door strip was loose and lifting on mine, I pooped it back into place and noise cured. Will buy some better glue and fix it myself."

Reactions: alexouns

·
Registered
610 Posts
https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/385-exterior/21017-giulia-quadrifoglio-wind-noise-issue.html

Seems a few of us have had this problem. Read through the above thread as this has been discussed a few times.

And a quote from FirstAlfa today, "I am 6ft tall and my ear lines up close to the B pillar so check the back door seals. Also my Wind noise wasn't a door seal, it was the chrome finishing strip on the rear door on lower part of the window, it's glued into place, unless mine already came loose at dealer and they glued it. The rear door strip was loose and lifting on mine, I pooped it back into place and noise cured. Will buy some better glue and fix it myself."
do you have photos how to fix it ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine was insanely quiet until I installed the rain guards. Now when on the highway it makes a lot more noise. If I don't sell the car in Spring, I'll probably be taking them off.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I get a weird, almost digital-sounding vibrating wind noise from the driver side above 80mph. It's quiet so i only hear it with no music playing. It seems to come from where the door handles are, leading me to believe the door handles or mirrors are disturbing the air flowing over, causing the noise I hear.

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
I get a weird, almost digital-sounding vibrating wind noise from the driver side above 80mph. It's quiet so i only hear it with no music playing. It seems to come from where the door handles are, leading me to believe the door handles or mirrors are disturbing the air flowing over, causing the noise I hear.
Yes, it's mainly noise from mirrors and handles. But I have some ideas of other problem spots. I will post pics in a few.

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
Possible locations of wind noise

Both locations that I see as a possibility of wind noise are located on the B pillar.

One location is the bottom B pillar of front window where the two seals meet. The second location is the top of the B-pillar cover that is not flush with top of seal. Most of the noise is the mirrors and possibly front of the door handle although the bodywork floats over that front handle slightly.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts