Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
My dealer is already a Maserati/Alfa and it should be that way I think.

Same here. Since December of 2016 the existing Maserati dealership moved into a new facility across the street and simple added Alfa Romeo once the Giulia started arriving to the US. Been Alfa Romeo/Maserati ever since. They belong together. I always get a smile and/or honk passing a Maserati on the road. Sort of like running into a relative.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I bought my QV from the Alfa/Fiat/Dodge/Ram dealership, then they promptly dropped Alfa, and the local Maserati dealership picked it up. It's been 1000x better as part of the Maserati dealership. They're used to dealing with premium brands and higher customer expectations. The Dodge dealership was all about minimal effort and pushing you through as a commodity.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like my Brown-Daub dealer in the Pocono, PA area. When I drove into the service bay for my 10k service, the two dolts in the service department looked at it like they didn't ever see an Alpha there in their beloved Jeep/Chrysler shop.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tow of the local dealerships here in Seattle are Maserati/Alfa dealers. I just know a lot of buyers out there seems to have bad dealership experiences and I am wondering if more dealers team up this way versus the Alfa/Fiat option if they will get better service.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
My Chicago area dealer also is Alfa/Maserati/Fiat. I love looking at those beautiful Maseratis when I go in for service.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Some posters have reported less than stellar experience at the Mas/Alfa pairs. For example for a loaner...we only have Maserati's available for loaner, we will call you an UBER! So, apparently some dealers will view your Giulia regardless of trim as a lessor. I know when I bring my QV to the dealership (AR/Fiat) they do seem to bow at her presence. I don't want their stinking loaners regardless of what they have a Ghibli, Jeep, Giulia forget it. I want my QV in the shop as short of time as possible. I do the same with my MINI. Now with the Mini is a good sales tactic. You are always driving new ones so it prevents me from wanting to upgrade if I don't take their loaner.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Uber is better than a Dodge.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
The dealer bought the alfa from is a Bentley/RR/Lambo/Maserati/Alfa dealer! I got to sit in a 400K bentley convertible while waiting for the paperwork. Also got to see a used Enzo for sale. It is a 30 minute drive from where I live however.

They are building a brand new Maserati/Alfa dealership right near my house in a prime central location. That will definitely increase sales in the Boston area I think.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The dealer bought the alfa from is a Bentley/RR/Lambo/Maserati/Alfa dealer! I got to sit in a 400K bentley convertible while waiting for the paperwork. Also got to see a used Enzo for sale. It is a 30 minute drive from where I live however.

They are building a brand new Maserati/Alfa dealership right near my house in a prime central location. That will definitely increase sales in the Boston area I think.
it will be like the days of gaston andrey!!!

in charlotte,nc...we now are with aston, Bentley, and maser.

oh and the ghibli is a lesser car than the qv:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Some posters have reported less than stellar experience at the Mas/Alfa pairs. For example for a loaner...we only have Maserati's available for loaner, we will call you an UBER! So, apparently some dealers will view your Giulia regardless of trim as a lessor. I know when I bring my QV to the dealership (AR/Fiat) they do seem to bow at her presence. I don't want their stinking loaners regardless of what they have a Ghibli, Jeep, Giulia forget it. I want my QV in the shop as short of time as possible. I do the same with my MINI. Now with the Mini is a good sales tactic. You are always driving new ones so it prevents me from wanting to upgrade if I don't take their loaner.
My dealer made a point that they have loaners for their customers during the sale. Their loaners are Maserati and Alfa, I really like the seats in the Maserati I had once.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I really don't care what else is on the showroom floor, what I may get to sit in, or if they provide a loaner (it's built into the shop rate anyway).

I couldn't be happier with my Alfa/Fiat dealer from a sales perspective (not to be confused with ARUSA's delay of delivery), I have only heard good things about them on the service end, and although it IS expected, my SQ seems to be "right" after taking delivery. I spoke to the Alfa tech, he seems to be a sharp and knowledgable fellow - and this is overall better than I have read regarding any other MA area dealers - which is why I went there in the first place. I also met the service writer and the money/papers guy, all of whom seemed to be good people intent on doing a proper job.

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts

Are you saying Alfa of Boston is moving from Wayland to another dealership closer to Boston? As a Sudbury resident, that would really bum me out. :crying:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I really don't care what else is on the showroom floor, what I may get to sit in, or if they provide a loaner (it's built into the shop rate anyway).

I couldn't be happier with my Alfa/Fiat dealer from a sales perspective (not to be confused with ARUSA's delay of delivery), I have only heard good things about them on the service end, and although it IS expected, my SQ seems to be "right" after taking delivery. I spoke to the Alfa tech, he seems to be a sharp and knowledgable fellow - and this is overall better than I have read regarding any other MA area dealers - which is why I went there in the first place. I also met the service writer and the money/papers guy, all of whom seemed to be good people intent on doing a proper job.

Congrats on FINALLY getting the SQ. My thoughts exactly. I don't care what they have I care what they do with my Quad for the very shortest period of time they have it. I had a flat. I got it to my house, called the dealer they got the tire later that day, too late to bring it in so had the tow set up for 7 am Saturday morning and the tire was replaced in 40 minutes while I waited. I have yet to leave my QV over night. My local shop made a point of telling me that they don't have loaners when I first called. He said but we make sure you are scheduled so you are not without your car whenever possible. They did just get two Giulia's cycled as loaners. I don't ask for one. I want my QV. I get no enjoyment out of driving a loaner.

So far we have had good luck with our Alfa/Fiat dealer and honestly they probably love just staring at your SQ. My dealership has not treated me differently because I didn't buy from them but that could be why they don't go out of their way to get a loaner but I don't ask for one either. The painting of the tow cap took all day so they shuttled me home and my husband drove me back to pick her up.

My biggest concern based on some one of the folks that bought their Giulia from our local dealership is that they were desperate to sell him a car. Desperate does not bode well for long term longevity of a dealership. That does concern me. I only believe a fraction of what I read on "Deal of the Century" as puffing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts