Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Aren't those sizes 10mm more narrow than OEM Pirelli?

If so, shouldn't be a problem...is this a trick question?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,420 Posts
What tire is this and what wheels will you use?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I dont think you need such set for winter, square set 18 inch should be just fine
225/45-18
I don't think we have confirmation that 18s fit a qv. I may end up being a guinea pig for that

The rotors look like they'd clear and so do the rear calipers but the front calipers are wide and I'm worried the slope of the 18s will hit them

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't think we have confirmation that 18s fit a qv. I may end up being a guinea pig for that

The rotors look like they'd clear and so do the rear calipers but the front calipers are wide and I'm worried the slope of the 18s will hit them
18 will fit just need correct offset

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I'm not as familiar with tire lingo, would the offset address my concern of hitting the caliper, where if that were the case with the 18s I want, then I could use a spacer to extend the wheel out?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
The wheels I found have a +30 offset. I used a calculator online and it seems like it should fit but wondering if others can comment

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
Want to run 245/40/19 and 285/35/19 snows. Do I need spacers? will they fit?
These are the same width, but taller than stock. The rears should fit as long as you do not put on chains. I do not know about the fronts, but sure would like to know because I am considering that size for my Q4 too. Just eyeballing it, it looks like there should be plenty of room.

For 18" wheels to fit they have to clear both the front and the outside of the calipers. As was recently pointed out, even if the wheels clear the calipers the fitment may make getting the wheels on and off without damaging the paint on the calipers and wheels difficult.

Centerline sells 18x8 wheels that they say will clear the QV iron brakes. One forum member bought a set, but has not fitted them yet. If you have CCMs, you must have 19" or larger diameter wheels. Several people have said that the AR OEM 18" wheels will not clear the QV iron brakes.

Common belief is that narrow tires perform better on snow. Evidence has it that this is not correct at least when modern studless or studded snow tires are fitted (not to be confused with all season or M&S tires) and Continental at least explicitly states that wider is better with studless tires.

I personally believe that the best width depends on the conditions. Narrow tires are resistant to hydroplaning (wet or slush) while wide tires "float" and present more area for traction in soft materials and are less likely to "skate" on ice (dry powder, ice-especially at close to freezing temps).

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
These are the same width, but taller than stock. The rears should fit as long as you do not put on chains. I do not know about the fronts, but sure would like to know because I am considering that size for my Q4 too. Just eyeballing it, it looks like there should be plenty of room.

For 18" wheels to fit they have to clear both the front and the outside of the calipers. As was recently pointed out, even if the wheels clear the calipers the fitment may make getting the wheels on and off without damaging the paint on the calipers and wheels difficult.

Centerline sells 18x8 wheels that they say will clear the QV iron brakes. One forum member bought a set, but has not fitted them yet. If you have CCMs, you must have 19" or larger diameter wheels. Several people have said that the AR OEM 18" wheels will not clear the QV iron brakes.

Common belief is that narrow tires perform better on snow. Evidence has it that this is not correct at least when modern studless or studded snow tires are fitted (not to be confused with all season or M&S tires) and Continental at least explicitly states that wider is better with studless tires.

I personally believe that the best width depends on the conditions. Narrow tires are resistant to hydroplaning (wet or slush) while wide tires "float" and present more area for traction in soft materials and are less likely to "skate" on ice (dry powder, ice-especially at close to freezing temps).
Which forum member bought the centerline wheels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All. Any update on whether the 18" rims will actually fit a QV with steel brakes? From what I've read (not a lot out there) a square set of 18s with a minimum offset of 33 will clear all four corners. That would allow 225/45 18s snows/winters on all four corners.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I just went to default tires on OZ rims, square setup. Tire Rack will not sell a wheel they guarantee will fit.

Nice thing about buying from Tire Rack everything comes finely balanced no trip the installer.

Been using then fr 20 yrs, never an issue.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Hi All. Any update on whether the 18" rims will actually fit a QV with steel brakes? From what I've read (not a lot out there) a square set of 18s with a minimum offset of 33 will clear all four corners. That would allow 225/45 18s snows/winters on all four corners.
I'm going to buy in the next week or two but won't be installing until October

I'm going with 245/40 r18 though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts