Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting Giulia within 2 weeks. I would like to get a TI Sport but during a couple of test drives the sport seat seemed too confining which I never felt in my previous cars with the sport seats (BMW, MB, Audi). Did anyone on the forum felt the same when they bought the car but got more comfortable with time? I will try Lusso and base seats but I really would like to get TI Sport with Performance package. Thanks in advance. My other choice is A5 sportback but Audi lease terms are just laughable

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got a TI Lusso with Sport Package. I wanted the Lusso seats, which are not as tight as the Sport but better than the base. I have been happy. I tried the Sport seats several times before purchasing and just couldn't get comfortable with them. Find a seat option you like. But definitely get a Giulia.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I 'think' I have the base despite having the performance package. Looking at my spec sheet and just says "6 way driver / passenger seats". Either way i'm very happy with them, good for track days too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the sport package with the base seats and I love them. Test drove one with the sport seats and they were too confining for me although you can adjust the bolsters. Take a test drive with the base seats and then you can make an informative decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a great forum! Thank you guys for the instant informative responses. Will try base and lusso seats.

What does the sport package bring on not TI sport? Just appearance?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The sport seats can be adjusted. Take another test drive and inflate/deflate the bolsters and adjust the lumbar support. Makes a big difference once you get this right

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,439 Posts
My bolsters hardly move. Maybe an item for the next dealer visit. Lumbar, on the other hand, is highly adjustable.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Glad it's useful!

I have a base Q4 with Winter Package and Sports Appearance. The sports pkg (22M) includes:

Aluminium interior Accents
Sports leather wrapped steering wheel
Paddle Shifters
Alu peddles
Bright door speaker surrounds
18" sport alu wheels
performance tires
sport front and rear fascias
gloss black window surround moldings
custom painted calipers

When I personally looked at the TI there wasn't a reason 'for me' to pay the extra

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I got a TI Lusso with Sport Package.
What does the sport package bring on not TI sport? Just appearance?
Am I right that Lusso trim can't be combined with the sport package?
Yeah, I'd guess Kent meant Performance Pkg, not Sport Pkg, because I don't believe you can get Sport on Lusso.

The Perf Pack on Lusso adds no appearance items, just paddle shifters, adjustable shocks, and limited slip diff.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Correct - my mistake. I meant the Performance Package.
If one could get a Sport Pkg on Lusso, that'd have been my ideal Giulia! Alfa White Lusso, chrome window trim, dark 19" 5-hole wheels, red/black interior with dark wood, smooth rear valance...nice! And if they'd offer this imaginary "Lusso Sport" in Silverstone Grey, I'd get the wheels Bright and be over the moon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys, thanks for so many replies and great info. I will drive the Lusso for sure. I just again drove for about an hour my son's in law TI sport. I love the handling and bolstered seat-back I got out from the car with sore hips :). Does Lusso handles and has steering feel like TI sport or is it materially softer? I currently drive MB E350 which I'm in process of lease transfer for. I want something substantially sportier. I guess the Lusso test drive will tell. I did test drive A5 sportback. It's a fine car with great sport seats and technology 50 years ahead of Giulia. However the steering feel and overall handling was closer to my MB than Giulia

·
Registered
249 Posts
It is my understanding that the Ti Sport and Ti Lusso only differ on seats, wheels and paddleshifters. All other parts of the car are the same. If you go Lusso with Performance package - you get the paddles, and an option unique to that set up - being able to have your suspension soften in D - without giving up any performance (Q2). IMHO the Ti Lusso light wood, with Performance Package, and changing out the wheels to the dark 5 holes - front 8's and rear 9's is the best looking Giulia out there. Of course others have their own versions of the "best" out there, lol.

·
Registered
279 Posts
That's the problem, they need to allow more wheel choices on different models. You shouldn't have to take seats you don't want, to get wheels you do want, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I actually preferred leaving the car in N. I didn't like D with the soft setting: too bouncy for my taste

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,439 Posts
My bolsters hardly move. Maybe an item for the next dealer visit. Lumbar, on the other hand, is highly adjustable.
I had to wiggle a bit in the seat to get the bolsters to deflate, I could hear the hiss from the air escaping.
Been there and done that. A little hiss, but no appreciable movement.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
That's the problem, they need to allow more wheel choices on different models. You shouldn't have to take seats you don't want, to get wheels you do want, etc.
Agreed. I had to take the window trim, rear valance, and interior trim I didn’t want in order to get the wheels I wanted, or rather, to avoid gettingthe wheels I didn’t want. There was no way in **** I was going to screw around with cleaning Lusso wheels. Those were a straight-up deal breaker for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts