Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was able to get a great deal on a QV off the lot from a dealer about an hour away from my local dealership. So far I have not had any issues (only 250 miles in though) but I'm wondering how I will be treated if I need to take the car into my local dealer for any issues. It may be a non issue but it has crossed my mind. Any thoughts or similar experiences'?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
So I was able to get a great deal on a QV off the lot from a dealer about an hour away from my local dealership. So far I have not had any issues (only 250 miles in though) but I'm wondering how I will be treated if I need to take the car into my local dealer for any issues. It may be a non issue but it has crossed my mind. Any thoughts or similar experiences'?
If he treats you other than well then they are A-Holes and you are better off not dealing with them.
I personally bought my Quad from my local dealer but service it at another local dealer and the service has been exceptional! In fact better than my selling dealer...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought my car 45 miles to the south of Seattle - very good buying experience. But for convenience I've had it serviced and updated at the seattle dealer (Ferrari/Maser of Sea). They've been awesome and from minute one just wanted to establish a good service relationship with a new client. That will lead to a future buy from them, I'm sure. Any dealer with business sense will do the same.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great to hear. Actually from what I have heard, dealers make the bulk of their money from service rather than sales so it makes sense.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,671 Posts
I was told that many dealerships do not make money off of sales, instead the profits are all in service and parts. I don't know if that is true, but given how many dealerships (not AR) sell at invoice plus a slight markup and then charge through the nose for service and "genuine" parts I find it believable.

Although you don't normally find Alfas discounted significantly from MSRP (current year-end sale excepted) I think most dealerships have significant carrying costs due to the low sales volume that requires a higher markup just to break even.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am interested in seeing the replies here because I am in the same boat. I have not needed any service yet, knock on wood, but when I do I will be going to my local dealer, where I was unable to make a deal.

·
Registered
692 Posts
When I told my local dealer that I had ordered a car from another dealer they said “come show us when you get it” and “hope to see you here for service”

Reactions: RVAAF and MDriver

·
Registered
189 Posts
they will love you for all the warranty work orders they will charge Alfa, so yeah, you will be welcomed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts