Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Alfa Romeo may not be a household name in North America yet, but the Italian brand is gaining traction after its relaunch four months ago.

The Giulia is the second significant Alfa Romeo model to land on North American shores in the last decade, following behind the 4C which has been on sale since 2014 with around 1,100 vehicles sold. So far the saloon has been doing well, selling around 600 units per month and the dealership network has been expanding with 68 stores in the US and 15 in Canada.

Sure, other luxury brands like Mercedes-Benz has double the amount of dealerships and they move ten times more C-Classes than Alfa Romeo, but the Italian brand is prioritizing quality over quantity.

Quoted by Autocar, Alfa Romeo director Pieter Hogeveen said: “We’re launching the Giulia but we’re also launching the brand and growing the dealer network. We must be realistic with our volume expectations and not put the cart before the horse.”

Hogeveen knows that almost every Alfa Romeo customer in North America was drawn in from the other premium brands and his main focus is retaining that customer base, especially when 70% of them are on private lease deals. Nothing is left to chance and every customer survey is sent to his inbox.

With the new Stelvio SUV hitting showroom floors this summer, potential buyers can expect to find the same exemplary customer service at Alfa Romeo dealerships across North America. How well the Stelvio sells could be an indicator of the brand’s long-term success.

·
Registered
735 Posts
They are doing a lot of right things this time around as far as the product goes. The cars are great and I know that the quality is there.

The big question mark is how the 68 service departments will handle warranty claims because we know that there will be at least some.

Coming from german brands like WV and Porsche I know that a Teutonic car doesn't automatically translate into a German service department. For example, my experience with VW is abysmal and while the car has been great I had some warranty covered issues. To this day I still have an open safety recall that I decided not to have done because I have 0 trust in their service department.

With Porsche has been top notch, but it's also geared to a different clientele.

What should I expect as a future Q owner sinking quasi Porsche money into a car? WV or Porsche service quality?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
What should I expect as a future Q owner sinking quasi Porsche money into a car? WV or Porsche service quality?
I emailed an Alfa dealer two days ago regarding my interest in wanting to order a Q....... no response as of yet.....
As opposed to the Porsche dealership who emails, calls, and texts me to find out how my last visit with them was.......
Your guess is just as good as anyone else............. unfortunately.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I emailed an Alfa dealer two days ago regarding my interest in wanting to order a Q....... no response as of yet.....
As opposed to the Porsche dealership who emails, calls, and texts me to find out how my last visit with them was.......
Your guess is just as good as anyone else............. unfortunately.....
Most Alfa dealers in the US at the moment are not operating with the same focus and mindset as the competition. Last November I emailed a FIAT/Alfa dealer inquiring about the Giulia and the internet sales person doesn't even know what the car is. I'm sure the situation will change as volume picks up but things definitely could have been done better from the start.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
This is a Dealer Dependent Issue Folks

just like the title says....this lack of customer service is more indicative of the actual dealer as opposed to the brand...
I brought my Quad into the dealer on Monday for its first oil change....waited for the car....all good and done...
SAME DAY I get a call from the dealership(sales side) asking me if I was happy with my Quad...and WHY did I buy it elsewhere!:surprise:
At first I was taken aback and didn't know how to respond...then we had a nice chat....told him I will be interested in a Stelvio when they are out and about...
my point? I didn't get my car from them!! and yet they still called me to see about getting my future business!

gents pick your dealer carefully!!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
just like the title says....this lack of customer service is more indicative of the actual dealer as opposed to the brand...
I brought my Quad into the dealer on Monday for its first oil change....waited for the car....all good and done...
SAME DAY I get a call from the dealership(sales side) asking me if I was happy with my Quad...and WHY did I buy it elsewhere!:surprise:
At first I was taken aback and didn't know how to respond...then we had a nice chat....told him I will be interested in a Stelvio when they are out and about...
my point? I didn't get my car from them!! and yet they still called me to see about getting my future business!

gents pick your dealer carefully!!
Before I place my order I need to talk to your dealer and throw your name (professore) around.........:grin2:

I am glad you found a customer oriented dealer, that is key in my book......

Reactions: Gabs159

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Before I place my order I need to talk to your dealer and throw your name (professore) around.........:grin2:

I am glad you found a customer oriented dealer, that is key in my book......
Miller Motors in Greenwich CT...it is no secret.
When I was in for service oil change on Monday...they were off loading 4 Quads for them>:)
Shima Fukama is the rep to speak too. He is in Westport.

·
Registered
11 Posts
they have some things to overcome-lack of knowledge of their existence which they do have some good commercials etc. but have had pr disasters like the track failure and fiat/chrysler reliability ratings are an issue also i hope they can stick around id love to own one or several of these cars

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
ThunderJam, keep posting! ;) Or email your info to wb.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have been trying to buy a car for months now. hard to find the car and options we want. when we have found the car. the dealers only seem to want to lease. the dealers have been largely non-responsive and could give a schit that I have owned 6 alfas in my day or currently own several other red Italian cars.

I may have a car deal by tomorrow...finally.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts