Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market to get a new Giulia in the next several months. My wife says the sports seats are uncomfortable. She is on the shorter side. 5' total.
I prefer the wheels on the Ti Sport and don't want to settle for a Giulia sport with regular seats.
Anyone else have spouse issues with this?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,799 Posts
My wife is OK with the sport seats but finds the Giulia uncomfortably low to get in and out of.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Interesting you bring it up. We have a TI Sport and just turned in our loaner that was a Base Giulia. My wife HATED the seats in the base. Said it felt like a regular sedan. Our bolsters are adjustable so maybe have your wife adjust them and see if it makes a difference. She may be so tiny that they just hold her too tight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting you bring it up. We have a TI Sport and just turned in our loaner that was a Base Giulia. My wife HATED the seats in the base. Said it felt like a regular sedan. Our bolsters are adjustable so maybe have your wife adjust them and see if it makes a difference. She may be so tiny that they just hold her too tight.
Which Bolsters are adjustable? The ones on either side of the seat? I was under the impression only to thigh bolster went in or out?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think the sport seats are some of the best and most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. I'm a hair under 6'2 and the seat fits me like a glove. And I like super tight bolstering so the adjustable bolsters on the backrest make it that much better. When I think about it though, I guess I could see how someone on the smaller side, like your wife, may be a bit uncomfortable with the very large bolsters.

·
Registered
332 Posts
had the sport seats for about 9 months, wife complained frequently about how hard they were 5'6" petite build. Have the lusso now and shes a fan. She also likes it when I put the adaptive setting on soft when the pavement is rough.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I'm in the market to get a new Giulia in the next several months. My wife says the sports seats are uncomfortable. She is on the shorter side. 5' total.
I prefer the wheels on the Ti Sport and don't want to settle for a Giulia sport with regular seats.
Anyone else have spouse issues with this?

We had extended test drives ( sport seats AND Lusso seats, back to back, over 100 miles and several hours total ) and we both agreed that the sport seats felt great (more so for the driver) for about 20-30 minutes. The main complaint (for the passenger) was that the high side bolsters gave little room for your elbows. Not so much a problem for the driver with his - her hands on the wheel. In addition, the sport seats just felt (overall) too confining after a short period of time. Point of fact, wife and I are 5'7' - 5"8" and fairly trim. We couldn't imagine how we could be comfortable with the sport seats on long trips. As we use the Giulia for daily use and long trips, we ordered the Lusso seats and are very happy with them.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
I drive 4-5 hours at a time in the sport seats and suffer no discomfort due to the seat. I dunno about a passenger, never had one on my regular drive. While going around 0.5g+ turns, I have a hard time believing that less bolster would work with leather seats (one advantage of cloth seats with some "nap" is a reduced tendency to slide around on the seat). I certainly know that I slide around a lot on my wife's Subaru Crosstrek leather seats and I can't take corners nearly as hard in that car as in Giulia.

I do have an issue with the shape of the floor, which slopes downward to the front. My ankle does not bend that way so this leaves me with no good place to rest my right foot when running cruise control. My E-type had the same ergonomic flaw, although it was the left foot that had no place to rest (LHD E-types do not have any foot rest). Curiously 1961 E-types have a flat floor, which was "improved" in 1962 to have this uncomfortable slope similar to Giulia.

·
Registered
386 Posts
We have the sports seats as they come with the Veloce here in Aus. We done a number of long trips. We are both tallish at 6’ and 5’9 for my wife and love the seats.

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts