Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Giulia QV (Rosso Comp, Black/Red interior, Sparcos)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few companies confirm that they're working on exhausts, and at least one has already released their option. I'm curious if there are other companies who are working on exhausts that may not be noted here. I'll update the list as we get confirmation.

Confirmed:

- Tubi Style
- Remus (on sale at Alfa9)
- Meisterschaft

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
We normally don't publicize products before they are officially launched, but we have a system for the Giulia Quadrifoglio that we are really excited about.

I can't give specifics, other to say that this system has been developed exclusively for us by one of the best aftermarket exhaust manufacturers in the world, and is significantly more radical in concept than some of the other options out there. I will keep everyone updated!

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
That exhaust looks SICK, what is ETA on release?
Peter
It is very close. The sound is absolutely amazing and we are 99% happy with the system, but we have a couple of tweaks we need to do to bring that up to 100%. With this system we are willing to wait a little bit to get perfection rather than rush it to market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Word on the street is that AWE Tuning is looking for a volunteer for development. They do some radical stuff outside Philly. I stopped by there to inquire about their plans since I'm considering a QV myself, but haven't made the jump yet... still trying to find a way to test drive! No dealers have stock around here!

Who will be the guinea pig for us? awe-tuning.com

BC

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is very close. The sound is absolutely amazing and we are 99% happy with the system, but we have a couple of tweaks we need to do to bring that up to 100%. With this system we are willing to wait a little bit to get perfection rather than rush it to market.
Can I drive up and hear it sometime soon, plz :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can I not update the original post on a thread? I'd like to add Centerline to the confirmed list...

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Good Lord look at those tips! :O

·
Registered
30 Posts
Word on the street is that AWE Tuning is looking for a volunteer for development. They do some radical stuff outside Philly. I stopped by there to inquire about their plans since I'm considering a QV myself, but haven't made the jump yet... still trying to find a way to test drive! No dealers have stock around here!

Who will be the guinea pig for us? awe-tuning.com

BC
If they will pay shipping I'd be willing to send mine up there. I live in MD. Let me know who to contact.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
@JoeCab..do you have weight specs yet? how much does your cat-back weigh compared to OEM? pardon my assumption that it is a cat-back system..if it goes mid-pipes down I'm even more interested...Thanks in Advance
M

·
Registered
3 Posts
If they will pay shipping I'd be willing to send mine up there. I live in MD. Let me know who to contact.
According to the sales guy I texted, best bet is to email the head honcho there, Todd: [email protected]

Keep us posted! Those guys kill it with their exhaust designs!

I'm still looking for a car to test drive, closest dealer with a QV is almost 1.5hrs away, might have to make the trek...

BC

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
According to the sales guy I texted, best bet is to email the head honcho there, Todd: [email protected]

Keep us posted! Those guys kill it with their exhaust designs!

I'm still looking for a car to test drive, closest dealer with a QV is almost 1.5hrs away, might have to make the trek...

BC
Totally understand needing to do a test drive. But in the interim let me summarize: Aural theatre like you would expect from a 4-door Ferrari (when in Race mode). Precision handling like you would expect in an M3/4 but with even better, more precise steering. On-tap comfort like you would expect from a non-AMG Mercedes and they turn heads like no other sedan on the market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you buy yours sight unseen? What were you coming out of?

I'm 6'4 and 250lbs, worried about how I would fit in the car (being Italian!).

What seats does everyone get (Sparcos are not)?

BC

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you buy yours sight unseen? What were you coming out of?

I'm 6'4 and 250lbs, worried about how I would fit in the car (being Italian!).

What seats does everyone get (Sparcos are not)?

BC
I drove a dealer car and ordered mine. Took me about 2.5 months from placing my order to delivery. But I've heard that's fast. I am 5ft 11, so a good 5 inches shorter than you, but I have loads of headroom and leg room. I have the standard seats (wasn't ready to give up the heated seats) which will make me sit higher than the Sparcos, I believe. I had an M2 before, a 991 Carrera before that, an e92 M3 before that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, get in touch and we can arrange that.
Joe, thanks for letting me come out today and hear the pre-production system. It sounds great. I think this system is going to move! The size of the tips in person is insane (in the best possible way).

In talking with Joe it's obvious that they've put a lot of time and effort into really thinking through their system and I think the community is going to receive it really well. The 4C sounds awesome too :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Tyler,

Could you give us your thoughts on how the sound differs from the stock exhaust?

Many thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Tyler,

Could you give us your thoughts on how the sound differs from the stock exhaust?

Many thanks,
Steve
Joe was kind enough to let me come by and listen which I greatly appreciate so I don't want to give much information without permission and I know they're still finishing up their tuning of this system.

The sound is significantly deeper than stock. In fact, I suspect if he had started his QV with mine parked next to it, it would have set off my alarm because of the rumble. (The 4C did 0:) ). If you like a low growl/rumble, this is probably going to be the system for you.

I'll reserve saying anything more until I hear the final system. However, talking with Joe, they've put a great deal of effort into the development and tuning of this system and I think it's going to sound different than the other systems that are going to be on the market!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts