·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY18 QV owner?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Maybe you.....??? I remember when the dealer sent me the VIN # !!!! That was a great day.....D

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Probably WB. He ordered before me and has confirmation his car shipped. I think mine missed the CSCC Shanghai by one day. Hopefully it will be on the MSC Immacolata. That would be fitting given my tributes to my late wife and the Blessed Mother. :D My Giulia will be named La Signora. ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not that I think it will be me (because I'm in a low volume area), but has anyone ordered earlier than May 15th?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
MY18 QV owner?
As I posted on another thread, my sales rep copied me an email from Mike Kerbert, the AR Regional Sales Rep, dated 8-21-17. He stated that (as of that date), "no MY2018 Giulia's have been shipped" from Italy.
That was 15 days ago.
Does anyone know what the median shipping and delivery time is from when they leave Italy, and finally arrive at our Dealerships?

·
Registered
359 Posts
As I posted on another thread, my sales rep copied me an email from Mike Kerbert, the AR Regional Sales Rep, dated 8-21-17. He stated that (as of that date), "no MY2018 Giulia's have been shipped" from Italy.
That was 15 days ago.
Does anyone know what the median shipping and delivery time is from when they leave Italy, and finally arrive at our Dealerships?
Mike Kerbert was the original source of the email that was forwarded to me with the logisitics screenshot showing my car had shipped out of Italy on 8/30 on the CSCC Shanghai. Email came to me on 9/2.

CSCC Shanghai's shipping schedule has it getting to Newark (NYC FAPS) 9/11 or 9/12, then onto Baltimore for 9/13.. due to be in Baltimore 2 days, so it seems like the majority of cars will get off in Baltimore. I have no idea how long the cars remain in port for. I tried doing some research into that a week or two ago, and only found statistics on Toyota's Baltimore operations, where cars are typically in port 4-8 days before being trucked out.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Mike Kerbert was the original source of the email that was forwarded to me with the logisitics screenshot showing my car had shipped out of Italy on 8/30 on the CSCC Shanghai. Email came to me on 9/2.

CSCC Shanghai's shipping schedule has it getting to Newark (NYC FAPS) 9/11 or 9/12, then onto Baltimore for 9/13.. due to be in Baltimore 2 days, so it seems like the majority of cars will get off in Baltimore. I have no idea how long the cars remain in port for. I tried doing some research into that a week or two ago, and only found statistics on Toyota's Baltimore operations, where cars are typically in port 4-8 days before being trucked out.
This is exciting news!
Do you know, is there a way for me to check if my Giulia is on the boat.
I do have a VIN.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Send a PM to Alfa Romeo Cares on here.

Sorry WB, didn't mean to rain on your parade. They are all nice cars.

AlfaAndy, it looks like 2 weeks on ship, 2 weeks in port, barring some other complication. I think we are closer to the source here in the Northeast, Atlantic seaboard.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe you.....??? I remember when the dealer sent me the VIN # !!!! That was a great day.....D
Mine is still waiting to be built, supposedly week of 9/18. I just want to have it by next spring.......:smile2:

It will be interesting to find out where and what color the first US QV will be......

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered mine July 15. No word yet on build, but they say the parts are on hand...

My guess was always around December/Jan. It took 6 months for my special-ordered Audi to arrive back in 2010, so no reason to expect the Italians to go any faster...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I ordered mine July 15. No word yet on build, but they say the parts are on hand...

My guess was always around December/Jan. It took 6 months for my special-ordered Audi to arrive back in 2010, so no reason to expect the Italians to go any faster...
Crossing the 59th Street bridge that links Long Island City and Manhattan as a young boy I would read the neon sign from the "SilverCup" bread factory and it said....
"Perfection is not an accident"......I swear to you that sign influenced my life beyond words can explain....so, the 4 or 6 months will come and go sooner than you know and before you know it...you'll peer into your garage and see that beauty staring back !!! :nerd:

Reactions: Chanosh
1 - 13 of 13 Posts