Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, who has the most miles and how has your experience been so far? Maintenance & tire costs so far? Looking forward to hear your comments!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The question should be who has had the most fun with it?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
380 miles? **** snow! :mad:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
8252....Multiple trips to Boston...2 to Newport....2 to Monticello Motor Club Track....2 to LRP.....hence tires are pretty much crostini
Ordering a set of Michelin PSS in OEM size from TireRack...believe it or not they are out of stock on the OEM Corsas

·
Registered
202 Posts
10,268 since 7/08/17. And that's with it being in the shop cumulatively for more than 30 days !!

So 209 days minus 30, 179 days approximately in my possession.

Average of 57.36 miles per day.

And my commute was 32 miles/day until mid-December, and is now only 21 miles a day.

Lots of "goofing around having fun" miles !! VROOM VROOM

·
Registered
50 Posts
10,172 as of this morning. Will have had the car for a year this Valentine's Day.

Lots of fun to be had.
Haven't had many problems at all with the car either, so I suppose I've been pretty lucky with that.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
~6k miles in a year on mine in a year and one month!

I'm surprised it is that high because the car has only been driven for joy rides. The type of thing where I would just want to get in the car and just go have fun!

We did take a couple short trips to Ocean City Maryland and the Jersey Shore points through last summer.

Met some really cool people along the way who are enthusiasts which had seen magazine write-ups and videos online but had never seen a Quadrifoglio in person. Always nice to meet other gearheads!

It has been parked since just before Thanksgiving. The crap they put on the roads will not keep Giulia happy or the OCD cleaning disorder of her owner. ;)

Really awesome car all around!

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
69 Posts
5350 on mine in the 8 months I’ve had her. Commute with her about 30% of the time. Took her in for the infotainment update late last year and a couple weeks ago to clear some false computer errors, get a new headlamp washer grommit and desensitise the alarm a bit. No other issues than occasionally causing chaos around me with other drivers staring rather than driving!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I just saw a YouTube of some guy’s QV being brought in for its 30k service already! Good thing is it bodes well that they have cars out there getting that much mileage because it ain’t spending much time in the shop. Bad news is the 30k service cost 2 grand. Mostly it’s so expensive because they replace the serpentine belt which is 8 hours labor alone! Well no one said owning a Ferrari derived engine would be cheap... :D

https://youtu.be/QRxGvEi4a8E

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
About 15k Miles so far, I want more miles but lately its been too cold to go anywhere. Come spring time we will be definitely driving it a lot more. 2k Cost is just about what I was expecting for the serpentine belt and spark plugs. Every 30k miles for that service isn't too bad to be honest

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was really hoping that the 30k service wasn’t that much. I drive 20-25k miles a year so the thought of dropping $2k every 18 months on it does not sound appealing. I was going to use the QV as a daily driver but I am rethinking that. Might keep

Anyone considering getting the 30k, 60k service done anyplace else other than a dealer? From what I read the Warranty does not require service to be done by a dealer....only that you can prove that it was done.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I was really hoping that the 30k service wasn’t that much. I drive 20-25k miles a year so the thought of dropping $2k every 18 months on it does not sound appealing. I was going to use the QV as a daily driver but I am rethinking that. Might keep

Anyone considering getting the 30k, 60k service done anyplace else other than a dealer? From what I read the Warranty does not require service to be done by a dealer....only that you can prove that it was done.
Save $500 or so dollars (because 8 hours is still 8 hours of work) just to have warranty issues later on is not worth it imho. Pick a dealer and stick with them for all the service and they may hook you up eventually.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

Hmmm interesting point and with almost any other brand I'd say yeah....but for now there are some Alfa dealers that have piss-poor servicing ability...can't imagine there are indies around at this time that can/will work on a QV? Unless of course you have someone already

·
Registered
191 Posts

Hmmm interesting point and with almost any other brand I'd say yeah....but for now there are some Alfa dealers that have piss-poor servicing ability...can't imagine there are indies around at this time that can/will work on a QV? Unless of course you have someone already

Yes, very valid points. The other concern would be the inability of a non-dealer tech to do software updates.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Also good point Kanundrum. Not sure how much it would save or if it was worth it to use a non Alfa dealer for service. Wanted to get opinions on it.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Heres the Rub

Yes, very valid points. The other concern would be the inability of a non-dealer tech to do software updates.
like the title said....your QV is a different breed of car. on the resale, documented scheduled maintenance by a dealer goes a looong way when you decide to sell. much like M-Cars, EVERYONE talks about 1 thing and 1 thing only on resales....lets see the maintenance records...because as we all know, high performance cars like these have special needs, that when neglected come back to bite you in the ass.
for my $$$ following the factory maintenance is better than insurance

1 - 20 of 39 Posts