Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Have you guys installed downpipes and/or catback on a Giulia QV yet?

I'm trying to find a mechanic in Dallas but don't want to be a guinea pig for someone that doesn't know what they're doing.
Best exhaust shop in the area is probably Kinney’s in North Richland Hills. They do the work on hot rods and cars that owners have shipped in from all over the country and have been featured in Hot Rod magazine. Not inexpensive, but solid work. I don’t know if they’ve touched a QV yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Best exhaust shop in the area is probably Kinney’s in North Richland Hills. They do the work on hot rods and cars that owners have shipped in from all over the country and have been featured in Hot Rod magazine. Not inexpensive, but solid work. I don’t know if they’ve touched a QV yet.
Thank you for your suggestion. I will most definitely reach out to them. RAC performance was the other place on my list.

My downpipes are in route from Italy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
100 miles east of Dallas with a quadrifoglio rosso competizione. Any opinions on what dealer provides the best service in the Dallas area?

·
Registered
301 Posts
100 miles east of Dallas with a quadrifoglio rosso competizione. Any opinions on what dealer provides the best service in the Dallas area?
I've been happy with the McKinney and Dallas locations . They are both owned by the same group.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Essence Alfa/Maserati in Hurst is excellent, but a longer drive for you. Haven't tried McKinney or Dallas locations. I bought from Fort Worth Alfa/Fiat, but am going to Essence for service now after dealing with too much turnover at FWA/F.

·
Registered
31 Posts
good to hear positive reviews of the Dallas location.
has anyone who works with them actually been to the service center?
when I went to test drive it was off site, and the explanation was you brought your car there and they took it to the SC.

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Have you guys installed downpipes and/or catback on a Giulia QV yet?

I'm trying to find a mechanic in Dallas but don't want to be a guinea pig for someone that doesn't know what they're doing.

We've done all kinds of things to a QV including exhaust work.

If you are putting in the catless down-pipes you will throw a CEL unless you get a flash tune to disable to down stream O2 sensors. That will trigger a flash counter in the ECU and the service center/dealer will see it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
good to hear positive reviews of the Dallas location.
has anyone who works with them actually been to the service center?
when I went to test drive it was off site, and the explanation was you brought your car there and they took it to the SC.
I had my 10k service done at the Dallas location. All previous services were done in McKinney where I bought the car but I'm only a few blocks from the Dallas location so much easier for me.

I made an appointment and the service advisor was waiting for me at the showroom with a loan vehicle. They then take it off site to the service center. You return the loan vehicle at the showroom and your car waiting for you there. It was all very easy.

I did end up going to the service center as they forgot to reset the service indicator after the 10k service. Its not very far from the showroom and it was large and clean. It was my choice to go directly there as it was easier and faster since it was just a quick reset.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Its not very far from the showroom and it was large and clean. It was my choice to go directly there as it was easier and faster since it was just a quick reset.
Thanks for your comments. I purchased my QV at the McKinney location before the Dallas store was opened. It was my impression in speaking with the salesman and the manager was that they were enthused about Alfa (the manager spoke some excitement about a spirited drive into work in the morning) and were genuinely committed to the successful return of the marque by providing exceptional customer service. I stopped by the Dallas location and was initially concerned about the service facility until they informed me that the service operation was at a separate location. Based upon your recommendation I will drop the car off with the Dallas location for service.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is good insight. While I'm still several months out from making a decision (and now I'm including the Stelvio QV in that mix) seeing people with good reports about Dallas is helpful and comforting. Although i'm 99% sure I'd rather just do straight to the service center and cut out the middle man driving my QV around the Love Field area. (but I always assume someone will drive a car like this that isn't their's aggressively and that's probably not fair on my part)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have have been using Essence for service for my Giulia QV and 4C although the 4C has only had a tire replacement. I contacted Essence, Fort Worth and Dallas about the 4C 12 month service and had a hard time getting anyone that would get back to me and when they did they did not not now the price. Dallas knew the price, but on the first call I got voice mail with a mailbox that was full. I have an appointment for the 4C service in two days.

Jeff

·
Registered
176 Posts
I took my 4C for 12 months service to Alfa Dallas yesterday and had a great experience. All of the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The Service Center is obviously very close as my car just had 3 miles more on the odometer. Had a Stelvio for a loaner.

Jeff

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was there also yesterday! Dropped off my Giulia as my AC isn't working. They also put me in a Stelvio and have kept me up to date on the progress with my car. I continue to be happy with the service there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey Dallas Area Peeps!

Y'all should sign up for the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile race event in November in Dallas!

I did it last April, and will do this one. Would love to see a half-dozen of more Quads out there on Race Day!

My top run was ~148mph, and I got 12 runs in on Saturday. Could have done more, as the lines shortened later in the day. Most likely, you can get 30 runs in on the weekend if you want!

This time, I'm going to buy the weekend to get Saturday and Sunday racing.

Drivers pay $450/weekend if you buy on the first day, $500/weekend after that (or $250 a day/$275 a day.) All you need is a SA2010+ helmet.

Come join the fun! Would LOVE to line up against another stock Quad (or even one with performance upgrades) and see what would happen!

Just Google "wannagofast" for the website and details.

Meet ya there!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
In uptown - and I love my 2018 TI Sport
I think I saw your car the other day! Really beautiful color and love the yellow calipers. I'm in Oaklawn so not far away.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Picked up new car (a MY2019 Vesuvio grey QF) late last month. FCA finally came through. I DO have a cat-back Magnaflow system lurking in the garage that I would like to get installed but suspect my car will remain primarily stock. Too cool recently to drive due to the tires fitted but hope to have the car out tomorrow.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts