Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I have started rolling all of my windows down in race mode.

I have to say, it's quite nice to barrel through the gears spiritedly. I can't wait for an exhaust option that is louder and perhaps a bit more European. I don't know if I'm being realistic or not but I'd love to hear our QVs sound a bit more like a Ferrari 430 with headers/exhaust.

I'm not asking too much, right? :)

Steve

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
...I have started rolling all of my windows down in race mode.

I have to say, it's quite nice to barrel through the gears spiritedly. I can't wait for an exhaust option that is louder and perhaps a bit more European. I don't know if I'm being realistic or not but I'd love to hear our QVs sound a bit more like a Ferrari 430 with headers/exhaust.

I'm not asking too much, right? :)

Steve
Nope:grin2:...not sure it will be cost effective or give you that much of a benefit headers back...but I think a nice quality 200CEL HFC, into an X-Pipe that goes into new cans with 83mm tips...should do nicely!:grin2:
Somebody like FabSpeed or Capristo make something to that effect I'm in!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Steve: you might want to install the manual exhaust valve controller. This allows you to manally open or close the valves. This is way you don't have to put it in Race mode just to open up the exhaust and it is really awesome to start up the car with the exhaust valves open. Contact Steve Bisel if you need more info.

[email protected]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking about it. It would be nice to open them up in dynamic mode full time.

Steve

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nope:grin2:...not sure it will be cost effective or give you that much of a benefit headers back...but I think a nice quality 200CEL HFC, into an X-Pipe that goes into new cans with 83mm tips...should do nicely!:grin2:
This.

And downpipes. OEM usually leaves quite a bit on the table power/flow-wise with stock downpipes. Let that hot little motor breathe!

Hopefully downpipes, test pipe/HFC, cat-back exhaust upgrade will be worth ~30-50hp, THEN throw on a tune...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Tubi has an exhaust available that sounds pretty good.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm thinking about it. It would be nice to open them up in dynamic mode full time.

Steve
Best thing I did first month of Quad ownership. Also Return On Investment is amazing. Use it constantly in every mode (except that ?a? thing, whatever that is).

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
430? Naaaawwww. You want a 355 or 360. Cinquevalvoles were the best sounding Ferrari V8 short of the F1 lumps. That extra valve adds an extra bit of reedy sound to really complete the wail. X pipe and Tubi... all will be cool. But a simple mod that might work, even without the controller is to disconnect the solenoid harness right at the valve. Leave the vacuum hose attached. This works on 2000s vintage Ferraris but I'm not sure the Giulia will do it without a code. Confirmation guys? It might throw a light but see if it still works without going into limp mode. Not sure where everything is under there either.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
I won't be getting an exhaust anytime soon but a local company here really wants to get a QV in the shop to start testing if your interested hit me up!
Are you in the D.C. area? I forget. On a business trip to D.C. and Philly and have visited Ferrari/Alfa Romeo of Sterling and Alfa of Maple Shade. Lots of inventory everywhere.:surprise:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Are you in the D.C. area? I forget. On a business trip to D.C. and Philly and have visited Ferrari/Alfa Romeo of Sterling and Alfa of Maple Shade. Lots of inventory everywhere.:surprise:
Yeap near the DC area but more towards MD in Silver Spring. Alfa of Washington (Ferrari of Washington) is a nice dealership but they are definitely a bit lacking proper customer service. The shows they put on every other month (Organized by Ferrari) are amazing though as they concentrate on opening it to the public and having a great time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts