Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -- I am scheming to snag a Giulia once my Volvo lease is out. 99% of my driving is commuting in Washington, DC, but my kids are finally out of daycare and I want something fun. For some reason I am having trouble determining which trims come with paddle shifters and for which I would need a package. With the Ti I need them as part of a package, correct? But with the Ti Sport, they come with the car? And I can't get paddle shifters on the base Giulia? Any/all recommendations welcome! Thank you!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ti requires the sport performance package to get the paddles, but the Ti Sport comes with them. My memory is muddy on the base models, though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Ti sport comes with paddles. Both the normal Ti and the Ti lusso must have the Ti performance package as well to get the paddles. For base models, the only way to get paddles is to get the base sport model with the sport interior package. The non-sport base model can't come with paddles at all. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,256 Posts
I would recommend the leather package and the HK sound system. They wern't a top priority for me, but i'm glad the car I ended up with has them. The way I figure it, most of the time you spend with the car is going to be on the inside.

Happy shopping!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I don't have the HK and I feel the mid level stereo sounds great. I've gotten numerous compliments on it.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
647 Posts
My 2017 base Giulia has paddle shifters. It is part part of the Sports Interior Package. Look at any Giulia (Base or Ti) you are interested in at the dealer's website under New Vehicles/Giulia. If listed there you will usually find a link for the View Window Sticker. This will list exactly what extra packages come with the vehicle and the components.

Here is an example of the Sports Interior Package for a base Giulia on the window sticker: Look under Optional Equipment and Sport Interior Package

Sport Interior Package $750
Aluminum Interior Trim
Sport Leather–Wrapped Steering Wheel
Steering Column–Mounted Aluminum Paddle Shifters
Bright Aluminum Pedals

:smile2:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I agree that the base model has a really nice sound system even though it would be nice to have the Harmon Kardon.
Lots of posts on how unhappy people are with it. I've never heard it so i can't say.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I agree that the base model has a really nice sound system even though it would be nice to have the Harmon Kardon.
Lots of posts on how unhappy people are with it. I've never heard it so i can't say.
I think the unhappiness comes mostly from its not the premium system that was expected for the price. The tweeters are paper, the volume range is sub par, and the surround mode distorts. My QV has it but only because it was the only QV in my area for sale without ceramic brakes that I didn't want. There are a few RRTs that are available to apply to the amp, and I've done those, but didn't really note any improvement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts