Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have owned my Q4 for a year and love it. Recently my TPMS showed me low and I checked. It showed my tires at 39/39/39/30. So I filled up my 30 to 39. Then I looked at the side of my door to see that my set-up should be 32/front and 35/rear. The 39/39/39/39 was set at the dealer service, but I assume they were wrong.

At this point I used my electronic pressure gauge and filled my tires to 32/32/35/35. But my TPMS is way off from my gauge - on each tire. (I checked my gauge against another and the gauge works). Should I use my gauge as the correct, and ignore the TPMS. But if I do, the TPMS will go off showing me as too low.

Any recommendations? Is there a way to calibrate the TPMS?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
TPMS can be off for up to 15-20 minutes of driving after a change. You need to drive a bit to check it, it won’t change if you add or subtract air without driving. Honestly, a quality gauge is the best investment. Use it and compare it to the TPMS results over a few days, while using the gauge as the correct pressure till you understand the relationship.

I find my TPMS to be within 1 psi, as long as I have driven for a while.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have a quality gauge and the difference between it and the TPMSs in the 4 tires is only 1 PSI, sometimes. I had a front left flat tire yesterday and the TPMS popped up showing it at 20 PSI, as well as the orange low pressure tire light. I used the gauge to confirm and in fact it was 20 PSI. I appreciate the convenience of the TPMS and it is very useful. The best thing on all this is that Discount Tires stores repair flat tires for free (I was in shock when the guys said it to me) so, between the run-flat-tires invent, the TPMS and the Discount Tires store, it was a very comfortable and easy flat tire event.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,907 Posts
My TPMS is inaccurate. I’ve had success overinflating (like to 40psi) to clear the clear the warning, then bleeding down to desired pressure (using external gauge). That should work immediately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.