Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Which Brand did you leave when you purchased your Giulia

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Mazda. Upgrading/sizing from a boosted Miata. No Mazdaspeed 6 built anymore. Refuse to go CUV and still, no Mazdaspeed.

Reactions: Vailoce and FNM

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
x2.. although I was obsessing about finding my old car and bringing her to the US i'm happy I didn't... :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
My Giulia replaced an '03 330i ZHP. There was a Mustang mixed in there but apples to apples the Giulia was the successor to the E46. I had considered instead a lightly-used E90 328 Sport package to replace the E46, because a well-maintained one is such a bargain -- and I prefer NA engines and manual transmissions, and the budget would allow an E90 and the Mustang both -- but knew that I really wanted a Giulia so here I am and really happy I didn't wait any longer.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
69 Posts
My new Giulia Ti with 19' sport package replaced a MY 17 Jaguar XE v6 Prestige.

I'll miss the British Racing Green exterior, superb touchscreen, and that smooth purr of the 340 supercharged v6, and how engine turn on/off automatically sets the brakes and gear selection... but after just a 11 months of ownership, that Jag started falling apart with the A-pillar coming loose, a symphony of squeeks and rattles from both B-pillars + seat belt holders + the trunk, squeeching brakes... plus, I was barely averaging 14 mpg in city driving with that v6.

The driving position in that baby Jag was just never quite right for taller drivers (>6 ft). It's evident how crunched up tall drivers' legs have to be in an XE on video reviews. Even with the seating adjustment options on the higher trim, I could never achieve a comfortable seating position. Plus, the nearly non-existing thigh side bolsters and back side bolsters, coupled with the slippery waxed texture of Jag's real leather resulted in back pains trying to stay firmly rooted in the seat when canyon carving, or even on long drives because of substandard driver leg room.

Lastly, Alfa's superlative interior design and material quality is leapers (pun intended :-D) and bounds above the Jag's.

A video I uploaded on youtube of my Jag perhaps captures the ethos of Jaguar's modern cabin build and design quality in all its glory. Just search for 'Jaguar XE seat belt' :frown2:

Reactions: hirobmay

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yep, me too, just added. Need to add another option in the pole.
Hehe, well me too actually. Miata will run a couple more winters then go to track duty.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Went Alfa for Alfa (but also had a Saab 9-3 that finally died a few years back and a 6-speed manual Volvo S40 AWD before that)

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My Giulia replaced an '03 330i ZHP. There was a Mustang mixed in there but apples to apples the Giulia was the successor to the E46. I had considered instead a lightly-used E90 328 Sport package to replace the E46, because a well-maintained one is such a bargain -- and I prefer NA engines and manual transmissions, and the budget would allow an E90 and the Mustang both -- but knew that I really wanted a Giulia so here I am and really happy I didn't wait any longer.
Because I have zero interest in BMW I'm not aware of their internal nomenclature....Could someone enlighten me as to which year BMW's we're talking about...Pics would be great..!!
E46 = ??

E90 = ??

Thanks....D

Reactions: 19737

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Because I have zero interest in BMW I'm not aware of their internal nomenclature....Could someone enlighten me as to which year BMW's we're talking about...Pics would be great..!!
E46 = ??

E90 = ??

Thanks....D
E90 is from 2006 to 2012 it is the sedan 3 series in 2013 it became the F30
E46 is both sedan 2000-2005 then it became the E90.....and the coupe` from 2000-2006...then it became the E92
ZHP is the tricked out version..better suspension, brakes and some cosmetic differences....

·
Registered
14 Posts
2005 Toyota Solara convertible and 1983 Alfa GTV6

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
E90 is from 2006 to 2012 it is the sedan 3 series in 2013 it became the F30
E46 is both sedan 2000-2005 then it became the E90.....and the coupe` from 2000-2006...then it became the E92
ZHP is the tricked out version..better suspension, brakes and some cosmetic differences....
Thank you....I got lost when they decided to make the 3 series coupe a 4 series and then the 3 series became a 4 door ???

Reactions: Dr. Klopek
1 - 20 of 107 Posts