Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
some one said that downpipe is part of the exhaust manifold on the 2.0t so i dont know if we going to get anything cool anytime soon

·
Registered
383 Posts
I heard the Centerline Corsa exhaust for the Giulia 2.0t is very loud, especially on cold starts. Might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
876 Posts
requires custom tune, probably so you dont get CEL from o2 sensors, and that would void the warranty if dealer finds out you messed with emission system, anything after cats they dont bother

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
requires custom tune, probably so you dont get CEL from o2 sensors, and that would void the warranty if dealer finds out you messed with emission system, anything after cats they dont bother
Not to mention enormous fines if you get caught on the road with disabled smog controls.

What's wrong with a little peace and quiet and breathable air?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in Texas and dont have regulations regarding smog. Alot of my friends have cat less down pipes and dont have any issues with law enforcement. Only thing wrong with peace and quiet is being gapped by mustangs. lol I would like the ability to add more power and like most turbo cars...downpipes are a good start.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to mention enormous fines if you get caught on the road with disabled smog controls.

What's wrong with a little peace and quiet and breathable air?
yeah I will defiantly need a tune which is one of the down sides given the fact that their aren't that many turners around for the giulia. It would only void the warranty if its the immediate cause of damage.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I live in Texas and dont have regulations regarding smog. Alot of my friends have cat less down pipes and dont have any issues with law enforcement. Only thing wrong with peace and quiet is being gapped by mustangs. lol I would like the ability to add more power and like most turbo cars...downpipes are a good start.
Just get the eurocompulsion tune/intake/exhaust combo. It'll be loud and you'll pass mustangs all day (at least the Ecoboost ones, 460hp in a RWD coupe is a bit hard to beat). I'm not sure you'll be able to get north of 400 without upgrading engine parts, but we'll have to wait for phase 2 of the EC tune to see for real ;)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...void the warranty if dealer finds out you messed with emission system, anything after cats they dont bother
Not totally true. The local Alfa shop had a QV in for drivability issues, and had spent two weeks working with Alfa tech. Owner said it was all stock, but when Alfa tech got pictures of the underside from the dealer, they saw an aftermarket, hack job, exhaust. Dealership was told the engine, transmission and computer were all working fine, and the issues were related to the modifications to the exhaust. Any further warranty work on this issue was denied, and the guy was told. He got pissed, but the dealer told him to return the loaner before they called the police, and take it up with Alfa. Apparently he had modified exhaust in such a way that the computer couldn’t correctly adapt and ended up buying a completely new exhaust and having the dealer install it. It ran fine immediately. Some people have more money than brains.

When the dealer found out I had a muffler delete, the Service Advisor just asked if I could reverse it, if needed, for coverage and told me that story. They don’t care from the coupler back, but once you get to that first crimp, before the resonator, it’s best to be using a designed, aftermarket system that you know will play well with the ECU. Since then, I’ve had work done there with no issue, they just wanted to make me aware.

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
For some reason a significant portion of Mustangs I see on the freeway have a line of cars backed up behind them. Maybe old folks buying their "dream car"?

Anyway, since I value my lungs and what is left of my hearing I guess I'll stay clear of Texas.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For some reason a significant portion of Mustangs I see on the freeway have a line of cars backed up behind them. Maybe old folks buying their "dream car”.
Have to agree.
Every time I see a Mustang I’m careful not to wind up trapped behind it.
It’s never set right with me that so many people buy a sporty car and drive it slower than the traffic around them at all times.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts