Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio, Sport, Vesuvio Grey on Red
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am a 13 day Giulia owner and just love the car. I really enjoy using car play as it is the first car I have owned with the feature. The phone must be plugged in to the usb port below the screen, so I have a long cord and put the phone on the passenger seat. It is unsightly and the phone can slide around.

Question is has anyone found a good, ergonomical way to position your phone? I thought of all the different phone holders for vents, dashboards, ect. but the thought of ruing the beautiful look of my Crema Lusso package is too much to bear?

Has anyone found any good solutions?

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,256 Posts
Great question. Had my Giulia for just over five weeks and this is one of my nitpicks.

The compartment under the armrest has two USB ports and it would have been my preferred choice, but the iPhone does not fit in there when its plugged in.

So, now i just use bluetooth for music and directions with the iPhone in my pocket or above the cupholders.

FYI Apple sells a 0.5m Apple cable which is pretty short.

Cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great question. Had my Giulia for just over five weeks and this is one of my nitpicks.

The compartment under the armrest has two USB ports and it would have been my preferred choice, but the iPhone does not fit in there when its plugged in.

So, now i just use bluetooth for music and directions with the iPhone in my pocket or above the cupholders.

FYI Apple sells a 0.5m Apple cable which is pretty short.

Cheers
I take it you have a PLUS sized phone :p because I have a 7 and it fits just fine in the center console plugged in with the .5m cable.

To answer your question Joe I put it either in the console, keep it in my pocket, cup holder or if I need directions/waze I actually place it in the dash (behind the steering wheel) vertically. Of course I cant do this on the twisties but it holds up pretty decently for fwy driving

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
So I am a 13 day Giulia owner and just love the car. I really enjoy using car play as it is the first car I have owned with the feature. The phone must be plugged in to the usb port below the screen, so I have a long cord and put the phone on the passenger seat. It is unsightly and the phone can slide around.

Question is has anyone found a good, ergonomical way to position your phone? I thought of all the different phone holders for vents, dashboards, ect. but the thought of ruing the beautiful look of my Crema Lusso package is too much to bear?

I made a thread with a mod I did with an Amazon center armrest bin tray organizer:
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/754-giulia-how-diy/30225-diy-armrest-phone-dock.html#post490609

Basically just took a right angle lightning cable and UV glued it after filing it down the plastic cover on the connector to the proper angle so the phone slides right along the side of the bin and acts like a dock in the center console. I always plug my phone in and I can plug it in and take it out without even looking because the connector never moves...

·
Registered
232 Posts

Check out this thread Mr. Mayor. Some good ideas here. I use a vent mount from Best Buy and like it very much.

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/393-interior/9121-cell-phone-mount-location-discussion.html

·
Registered
6 Posts

Spigen Kiel A201 holder plus CreatePros 11” lightning connector plus Hizek cable management magnet system (just use 1 magnet on the lightning end of the cord) - all from Amazon — keeps everything above the cup holder and gives you freedom to mount anywhere on the vent. Photo is in the older referenced thread. Perfect for this car!

Reactions: Chicago Joe

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,946 Posts
Gigantic Moto-Z phone connects to USB cable to enable not-on-all Giulias Android Auto, then shove it into the not-on-all-Giulias storage net on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel. Neat and tidy, only need to buy a short USB cable.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio, Sport, Vesuvio Grey on Red
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gigantic Moto-Z phone connects to USB cable to enable not-on-all Giulias Android Auto, then shove it into the not-on-all-Giulias storage net on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel. Neat and tidy, only need to buy a short USB cable.
Hey, I do have that little net! I just noticed it after reading this suggestion. PERFECT SOLUTION FOR ME.....for now. Thanks for the feedback. Love that little net thingy......

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
"No Net" here. ;) And I use a lot of power with driving and play. So I have a 12v charger plugged into the console socket or a short usb cable for Android Auto. 12v cable fits great under the lid and the coils start after the lid. Then I lay my phone down easily to the left of the shifter on top of the cup cover. I also have a leather flip cover for my S5 so it doesn't slip or scratch the carbon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
phone mount

I used a magnet mount (on Iphone 7). Stuck the base to center screen left of display far enough as to not obscure it, then ran a 4 foot black Iphone cable from just under the left center vent and tucked it in dash cracks and down, tucked between carpet and side of console all the way back to behind the seat belt latch, up and over into console to USB port. Works like a charm, charges the phone as well (not sure if the one above cup holders does or not). When not in use, I just tuck the end of it into the vent, barely see it. See pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here is what I am doing. I created a little spring clamp out of aluminum stock and stuck one of those magnetic ball phone mounts onto it. When I get in the car I just drop the phone onto the magnet and it is in perfect position for me. I can also tilt and turn it if necessary. I'll make a more polished and rounded one next, but this one is working so well I haven't been in a hurry.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here is what I am doing. I created a little spring clamp out of aluminum stock and stuck one of those magnetic ball phone mounts onto it. When I get in the car I just drop the phone onto the magnet and it is in perfect position for me. I can also tilt and turn it if necessary. I'll make a more polished and rounded one next, but this one is working so well I haven't been in a hurry.

That’s a clever solution: thanks for sharing!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts