Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the local Crysler/Jeep "Alfa" parts department hoping to order a giulia OEM tow hook. Apparently it is not an available part to order, the gentleman said its not offered on any giulias?

From what I understand, QV's do not come with any tow hooks or any parts under the trunk for that matter but I'm sure somebody sells the OEM tow hook somewhere given that there is a tow hook access door on the front bumper w/ mounting points.

Attached is an image of somebodies giulia accessories w/ a tow hook. For all of us who track their Giulias, this is something worth while imo.

Armen

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think that’s my photo of the trunk equipment I posted a while back. My QV came with all that stuff, I didn’t add anything for the record.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,738 Posts
I called the local Crysler/Jeep "Alfa" parts department hoping to order a giulia OEM tow hook. Apparently it is not an available part to order, the gentleman said its not offered on any giulias?

From what I understand, QV's do not come with any tow hooks or any parts under the trunk for that matter but I'm sure somebody sells the OEM tow hook somewhere given that there is a tow hook access door on the front bumper w/ mounting points.

Attached is an image of somebodies giulia accessories w/ a tow hook. For all of us who track their Giulias, this is something worth while imo.

Armen
First, make certain that you are checking the right place to see if the parts are in your car.

If you bought your car new and those parts are missing from the styrofoam block that is underneath the inside trunk floor cover your dealer should get you those parts under warranty.

If you bought your car used and those parts are missing you got ripped and should see if you can get the parts from the seller. Otherwise try checking ebay for parts from a wreck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First, make certain that you are checking the right place to see if the parts are in your car.

If you bought your car new and those parts are missing from the styrofoam block that is underneath the inside trunk floor cover your dealer should get you those parts under warranty.

If you bought your car used and those parts are missing you got ripped and should see if you can get the parts from the seller. Otherwise try checking ebay for parts from a wreck.
Check the right place? I'm not that dimwitted to not know where to look in the trunk.

They did not come in all QV's based on my conversation with my dealership and they cannot source me a new one, hence this post. If my dealership/parts gave me wrong information please do let me know. I guess it wont hurt to call another dealership.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,436 Posts
My qv came with those parts just as is shown in the photo

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Someone somewhere made off with that stuff then. The car should at the very least have a tow hook for emergencies. The dealer should be demanding AR supply all their cars and pull that stuff out of a car on their lot to give you what you are missing and get replacements from AR, that’s assuming someone at the dealership isn’t taking stuff out from under their noses...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Check the right place? I'm not that dimwitted to not know where to look in the trunk.

They did not come in all QV's based on my conversation with my dealership and they cannot source me a new one, hence this post. If my dealership/parts gave me wrong information please do let me know. I guess it wont hurt to call another dealership.
But you are to jump on someone trying to help you. Some people don't think to search under the trunk cover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the tool to the far left in thst picture?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The dealer told you a bunch of BS. All Giulias, including the Quadrifoglio, come with a tow hook; and the tow hook is available as a spare part.

The tool to the far left in the picture is a double-tipped screwdriver (flat blade + Phillips).

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I looked again at the photo, while I have all the parts shown, my storage foam is shaped differently

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I too just looked in the trunk. I have the screwdriver and the tow hook, both of which are located in the bottom of the styrofoam "box", completely different than the image in post #1.
They each are securely nestled. There are also three formed areas in the bottom of this "box". One round (like a cup holder) and two, somewhat rectangular. Perhaps these are made for a container of tire slime and a battery operated air pump? Does anyone know of any dedicated Fiat-Alfa (or aftermarket) products like this that would neatly fit in this area?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

They totally gave you wrong information. I called Strongsville and my local dealerships and they were both able to order the tool kits or components separately.

JerryNY that was your pic and you helped me figure out why mine was empty :eek:)

I just checked my sticker to make sure. I have a 2017 QV and Tire Service Kit is not an option it is part of the base standard included items. QVs don’t have run flats and they do have the kit and the hook is part of that kit. My selling dealer or the transportation company took the inflater and other stuff out of the tool kit ban used the hook to tie the QV down in front (busting the 2 tow caps in the process). In any case I had to order a replacement kit and the dealership had to pay for it. It is standard equipment. You can either order individual parts or a whole kit. If you bought new it is on your sticker. If not someone took it out. I can’t believe they changed that for 2018. I was able to order each part in the kit.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I too just looked in the trunk. I have the screwdriver and the tow hook, both of which are located in the bottom of the styrofoam "box", completely different than the image in post #1.
They each are securely nestled. There are also three formed areas in the bottom of this "box". One round (like a cup holder) and two, somewhat rectangular. Perhaps these are made for a container of tire slime and a battery operated air pump? Does anyone know of any dedicated Fiat-Alfa (or aftermarket) products like this that would neatly fit in this area?
The styrofoam compartment configurations I think changed but the items didn’t. You should have a hook, screwdriver (not to be used to take the tow cap off like the transporter or dealership did who knows) inflater kit (includes the goop) and once that is used you have to replace that. The inflater/compressor is the the cyclinder shape. there is a canvas thing that contains I believe the USB cord that you use to connect to inflate. Everything should be filled but the part that looks like a flashlight. No flashlight came with the reordered kit. In any case the tool kits are the same regardless of year even if the configuation of the compartment mold changed over early 2017 to sometime to late 2017s. All can be ordered from the dealership which is what I had to do. You can call another dealership even out of state if you have to but I would call AR cares and tell them your dealership needs some help finding a part. I got mine from a Alfa/Fiat dealership

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
@MINIME
I believe that the only the Quad came with the Tire Kit.
The 2.0 comes with RFtires.
I will soon be ordering a set of non-RFT's and wheels.

I guess that I could try to source a Quad tire kit and see if it fits into the 2.0 space. Hopefully it is the same configuration.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
This is the original tyre repair kit.

It only comes with vehicles not equipped with Runflat tyres.

Armored Giulias, and Israel-market ones, which come with a spare, also have a jack and a wheel nut wrench, housed in a tool bag.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I have that kit in my stelvio quad - and having no experience with it, but long past experience with "goo" for motorcycle tires which didn't work - I bought a plug kit and compressor, because I know that works.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,738 Posts
This is the original tyre repair kit.

It only comes with vehicles not equipped with Runflat tyres.

Armored Giulias, and Israel-market ones, which come with a spare, also have a jack and a wheel nut wrench, housed in a tool bag.
Armored Giulias??? Spare tire?? Where does the spare tire go?

OEM armored vehicles might sell well in Oakland particularly if priced more reasonably than the custom builds that are currently available.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts