Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is distressing to learn that at times the Giulia is smarter than I am. Today I went to close the trunk lid or boot for the rest of the world. It would not close. Over and over I dropped it, slammed it, slowly guided it into place. It would not latch. Thoughts of useless, problem prone, good for nothing Italian cars swirled through my mind as I pondered how to drive 30 miles down the freeway to the house with the trunk lid open. Then that marvelous part of the human structure, the brain, pops up and says, heh, idiot where's the key?

·
Registered
332 Posts
It is distressing to learn that at times the Giulia is smarter than I am. Today I went to close the trunk lid or boot for the rest of the world. It would not close. Over and over I dropped it, slammed it, slowly guided it into place. It would not latch. Thoughts of useless, problem prone, good for nothing Italian cars swirled through my mind as I pondered how to drive 30 miles down the freeway to the house with the trunk lid open. Then that marvelous part of the human structure, the brain, pops up and says, heh, idiot where's the key?
this was the first thing i did after buy this car. You are not alone!!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Imagine how you'd have felt if you had locked the car with the key in it.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
343 Posts
I read about this on another forum, so I tested it at home. Yup, trunk keeps opening back up. But there is a slight delay, which is what throws you off when it closes, you turn to walk away and it pops back open.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I read about this on another forum, so I tested it at home. Yup, trunk keeps opening back up. But there is a slight delay, which is what throws you off when it closes, you turn to walk away and it pops back open.
Yup, so did I. It's a built in safety thing. I've locked my keys a car once or twice, not a lot of fun regardless of how popular it may seem to be.

·
Registered
180 Posts
First time I ever locked my keys in the car: June 18, 1983. My wedding day, and no; my 1975 Toyota Celica did not pop the door back open for me. I eventually got in with a coat hangar, and made it to the church on time. Yes, we are still married!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bob on utube showed us his new 488 does.the same thing for the front trunk. But guess what yesterday my gf called me up saying she locked her key on the trunk of her car. This is second time in last two month! And i drove lovely qv down to the mall for rescue>:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yup, so did I. It's a built in safety thing. I've locked my keys a car once or twice, not a lot of fun regardless of how popular it may seem to be.
Alfa Care told us it was a software glitch and it has not happened again since we had a software update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts