Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find it in the manual, and I'm wondering when does the headlamp washer activate automatically, and how do you activate it manually.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like on most car with washers, it is activated if the lights are on and you activate the windshield washers....I seriously doubt there is the way to activate only lamp washers
You mean if I turn on the windshield washers bc it's raining then my headlamp washers come on or if I manually pull the wiper stalk?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
They activate together with the windshield washers, when the low beams are turned on. There's no way of activating just the headlamp washers without the windshield washers.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They activate together with the windshield washers, when the low beams are turned on. There's no way of activating just the headlamp washers without the windshield washers.
Thanks for confirming

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Where exactly are they located and how do they work? My build sheet shows it but I don't see anything near the headlamps except a small panel.

That's them..the panel opens up .... if you want to see it in action have someone in the car activate them and you watch from the outside

·
Vendor
3,416 Posts
Where exactly are they located and how do they work? My build sheet shows it but I don't see anything near the headlamps except a small panel.
Quad only with the washers, they are jets. When activated they pop out and spray.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The panel pops open only when the headlights are on and the windshield washer is activated. It just squirts fluid at each headlight but it also gets everywhere else. A bit of a waste in my opinion

I'd love to disconnect them to.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Is there a way to disconnect the washers from spraying? Perhaps remove the fuse for them if they are separately fused that is..
I just pulled the relay on mine, it's in the front fusebox, under the hood (T17)....
When used, it sprays all over the hood... :(

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes! Thank you as well for the information. Mine sprayed once, I assume because it was winter and dark when I washed the windshield, and I was VERY irritated it sprayed all over the hood. I've been keeping my washer fluid low because I thought I read somewhere that if the fluid is below a certain point it won't activate the headlight washers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts