Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many, I'm convinced I'm getting a Giulia QV, and equally sure I'll let the new model year settle some fears on working out kinks.

I am not planning on ordering one, as I see plenty in inventories this year that are 'close enough' to my spec. Essentially, Rosso Tri and fully loaded. Willing to just fly pretty much anywhere in the US, lay out the cash, and drive it home to the southeast.

Wondering if we've got specifics on when I can expect those 2018s to start showing up in inventories so I can scan for the right one, make the call, book my flight and get it done.

Any intel or educated guess based on previous model releases would be much appreciated.

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've heard October by a local dealer.

Macgeek on here has a lot of insider info and he says sooner.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I agree. Peace-of-mind regarding 2018 models having some of the occasionally reported software glitches worked out is important, IMO.

I haven't seen many QV with carbon shell seats... That option, & lighter Technico wheels are my preference...

Also, can't decide on color...

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
will be interesting to see for certain when 2018's start to show...
clearly people who ordered 18's will be getting theirs first....but what has me curious is how dealers with 17s still in stock...how they will treat the 18s???...talking about the Quadrifoglio here....forget the stock of 17 Giulias...
the dealers that were looking to gouge people initially may be having to have a fire sale???

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I have my 18 on order, and I am hoping for Christmas.
The only way to know for sure is when they show up at the dealership.........

·
Registered
423 Posts
will be interesting to see for certain when 2018's start to show...
clearly people who ordered 18's will be getting theirs first....but what has me curious is how dealers with 17s still in stock...how they will treat the 18s???...talking about the Quadrifoglio here....forget the stock of 17 Giulias...
the dealers that were looking to gouge people initially may be having to have a fire sale???
^^^This.

I've always enjoyed shopping for a previous model year when the next is on the way.

Dealers want to get rid of the "old" models and are motivated to sell. Makes negotiating easier...

Usually...be shocked & amazed by clueless dealers who will refuse the above facts and still won't budge on price.

Just email any and all who have a QV that interests you, see who are willing to play ball, book your flight out & drive back...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Better yet you if you can find a dealer that will let you order an '18 at $4500 off MSRP why settle with a '17?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts