Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

These are on a prominent auction site here in Japan, says imported from abroad.
19x8.5 and 10 it says its forged, and they cost like 2200 USD for the set so quite affordable.

Any idea which wheels are these? looks like OEM genuine or replica... Any opinions on this?

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Automotive tire Automotive design Alloy wheel Wheel Rim

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
thank you... looks like they're replicas from China. not exciting.
Some guys over on Rennlist actually are happy with the BrooksmotoS wheels from eBay. I considered them, but I wanted them for racing and decided against them. For daily driving they may be fine, as suggested by the Rennlist member below.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some guys over on Rennlist actually are happy with the BrooksmotoS wheels from eBay. I considered them, but I wanted them for racing and decided against them. For daily driving they may be fine, as suggested by the Rennlist member below.
Thanks for this too! Like you, I wanted to get an extra set for track days so would prefer something better known. There is so little availability of compatible wheels here in Japan :( - mainly JDM and German sizes. A used set of '19 Tecnicos would be ideal but sooo rare to find...

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Thanks for this too! Like you, I wanted to get an extra set for track days so would prefer something better known. There is so little availability of compatible wheels here in Japan :( - mainly JDM and German sizes. A used set of '19 Tecnicos would be ideal but sooo rare to find...
I JUST ordered a set of Technicos brand new, but a set of four 19x10 for the track!! Should arrive from Italy by Tuesday next week.

Bought them from @Alfissimo .

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,661 Posts
I JUST ordered a set of Technicos brand new, but a set of four 19x10 for the track!! Should arrive from Italy by Tuesday next week.
I take donations.

• Haha
Reactions: genyosai

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! What tire sizes are you putting on the fronts? How does the car behave?
I'm planning on a shake down on 19th of December in Tsukuba circuit (JDM mecca, suits lighter nimbler cars though) and Fuji speedway in February (F1 track)

I personally prefer the Tecnicos because of the more aggressive design and weight. Maybe new ones for next Bonus timing...

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Nice! What tire sizes are you putting on the fronts? How does the car behave?
I'm planning on a shake down on 19th of December in Tsukuba circuit (JDM mecca, suits lighter nimbler cars though) and Fuji speedway in February (F1 track)

I personally prefer the Tecnicos because of the more aggressive design and weight. Maybe new ones for next Bonus timing...
Check out this thread:

I had my FUCAs modified like this by Jay O'Connell (mentioned in the thread). The negative camber I can achieve with this and a set of 17mm spacers on the front allows me to run the 19x10/285 up front.

How will it behave? I'll let you know when I'm done, but it's my understanding that the weight of the steering feels much better for hard, track-day cornering.

This will be my suspension geometry for Road Atlanta (majority right turns):

Camber:
-3.5⁰ LF
-3.0⁰ RF
-2.5⁰ LR
-2.0⁰ RR

Toe:
2 mm front total toe out (1 mm out per side)
4 mm rear toe-in (2 mm in per side)

"The slight front toe-out offsets the front camber and helps initial turn in. The stronger rear toe-in increases stability under braking and acceleration." -- Jay O'Connell

These settings plus a square 285 setup for much increased mechanical grip should A) give me more confidence in Race Mode, and B) greatly increase my cornering speeds, as corner speeds is where I'm slow as compared to my last track car.

Reference: My best, most recent day / lap at Road Atlanta.

Stay tuned. I'll update here as work progresses.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Guys I have those, and I am very happy with it. The picture is indeed from BrooksmotoS(Ebay)
My 1st quad came with Black 5 holes, and never had issue.
My 2nd quad came with Silver technico, and I bent wheels 10+ times.....
This replica, is actually gorged and CNCed and is very strong.
Weight wise it's between technico and 5 holes.

·
Registered
2017 Quadrifoglio
58 Posts
Check out this thread:

I had my FUCAs modified like this by Jay O'Connell (mentioned in the thread). The negative camber I can achieve with this and a set of 17mm spacers on the front allows me to run the 19x10/285 up front.

How will it behave? I'll let you know when I'm done, but it's my understanding that the weight of the steering feels much better for hard, track-day cornering.

This will be my suspension geometry for Road Atlanta (majority right turns):

Camber:
-3.5⁰ LF
-3.0⁰ RF
-2.5⁰ LR
-2.0⁰ RR

Toe:
2 mm front total toe out (1 mm out per side)
4 mm rear toe-in (2 mm in per side)

"The slight front toe-out offsets the front camber and helps initial turn in. The stronger rear toe-in increases stability under braking and acceleration." -- Jay O'Connell

These settings plus a square 285 setup for much increased mechanical grip should A) give me more confidence in Race Mode, and B) greatly increase my cornering speeds, as corner speeds is where I'm slow as compared to my last track car.

Reference: My best, most recent day / lap at Road Atlanta.

Stay tuned. I'll update here as work progresses.
Love watching you laps and listening to the sweet exhaust note.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Guys I have those, and I am very happy with it. The picture is indeed from BrooksmotoS(Ebay)
My 1st quad came with Black 5 holes, and never had issue.
My 2nd quad came with Silver technico, and I bent wheels 10+ times.....
This replica, is actually gorged and CNCed and is very strong.
Weight wise it's between technico and 5 holes.
I don't understand. You bent the Technicos 10 times, but not the BrooksMotoS under the same conditions?

The Technicos are also forged, aren't they? So why would they be any weaker??

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered a set of the Brooksmoto wheels in dark 5 hole style, QV fitment. They arrive Tuesday. They are supposed to be T6061 Forged, 23lbs front, 24lbs rear. I'll let you guys know in another post.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't understand. You bent the Technicos 10 times, but not the BrooksMotoS under the same conditions?

The Technicos are also forged, aren't they? So why would they be any weaker??
Honestly I don't understand this as well.... In my experience technico did not perform well as far as durability wise.
My guess is that in the process of rims being fixed it's gotten softer with excessive heat? Anyways, I'm very happy with those rims.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Honestly I don't understand this as well.... In my experience technico did not perform well as far as durability wise.
My guess is that in the process of rims being fixed it's gotten softer with excessive heat? Anyways, I'm very happy with those rims.
Well I hope the Technicos I just ordered for track duty can take it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts