Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Happy to have joined, lots of great information here.

I will keep this as brief as possible. I am hopefully closing on a Giulia Ti Sport sometime this week. It has been a real bear to find a car specced exactly how I want and building a car is a 5 month wait, I need a car now. Thanks to my dealer busting his ass he has found one that fits 99% of the criteria I was looking for.

Unfortunately, the car comes on the 225 square setup wheel package. For my tastes the 19x8 19x9 5-Hole Bright Aluminum Wheels are a must. The 255 rears on those fit the style of the diffuser and look of the car as a whole much better. If I cannot convince him to simply swap the wheels with a car on the lot or out of his limited parts department (brand new dealership) I will be stuck with the small wheels.

My questions is what are my options as far as finding an OEM wheel for this car? I've done some searching and can't seem to find much. The one source I did find was offering the wheels for double the price of the factory option not including tires. Anyone have experience with this or any recommendations?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
They aren't going to swap them from another car because the wheel size and style are listed on the window sticker. It would probably be illegal to do it. You are likely to have to buy them outright if you must have them... or order a car the way you want it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shoot. You're right. They can't sell a car to someone else with the wrong wheels on it. Didn't even cross my mind

·
Registered
109 Posts
i thought all Ti Sports came with the 19" wheels. It shows on my sticker as part of the Sport package.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They aren't going to swap them from another car because the wheel size and style are listed on the window sticker. It would probably be illegal to do it. You are likely to have to buy them outright if you must have them... or order a car the way you want it.
My dealer did this. I have a TI Sport but it has the 18” wheels. I like them so it was fine by me. They just added a line to the window sticker to reflect the change.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
i thought all Ti Sports came with the 19" wheels. It shows on my sticker as part of the Sport package.
They do, and what the OP indicated is that the car is equipped with "square" wheels, meaning all four wheels are the same width, and that they want the wider rear wheel/tire combo, aka a staggered setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
They do, and what the OP indicated is that the car is equipped with "square" wheels, meaning all four wheels are the same width, and that they want the wider rear wheel/tire combo, aka a staggered setup.
Correct, Ti's do come with 19s but 225s all around. I'd like the staggered setup. Here's the window sticker in question.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Your best bet is to get a set from Italy. Keep an eye on ebay, especially on seller kitwheels_tires.
4 wheels will run a little over a grand, if you are lucky and patient you might find just the rear staggered wheels same style as yours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@guyinrobe - I had trouble finding a car too. I’m in the DC area and found a car outside Baltimore, I did find a couple cars in Newport News VA and Atlanta that we’re close to what I was looking for and had the staggered tire setup. Good luck.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Your best bet is to get a set from Italy. Keep an eye on ebay, especially on seller kitwheels_tires.
4 wheels will run a little over a grand, if you are lucky and patient you might find just the rear staggered wheels same style as yours.
Hey I just bought a set of 5 hole QV wheels from this seller. $1,450 shipped from Italy to Washington, they'll be here Tuesday. Best deal I could find by far.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Hey I just bought a set of 5 hole QV wheels from this seller. $1,450 shipped from Italy to Washington, they'll be here Tuesday. Best deal I could find by far.
I did the same :wink2:
Wheels were in great condition, I just had to touch up a couple scuffs. Will get them ceramic coated in a couple weeks and then mount summer tires.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Can you post seller info.. I really wanted staggered setup on my Ti but couldn't find it available with the 5 hole dark wheel which I like the best of all the options I've seen..

Thanks!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hello everyone! Happy to have joined, lots of great information here.

I will keep this as brief as possible. I am hopefully closing on a Giulia Ti Sport sometime this week. It has been a real bear to find a car specced exactly how I want and building a car is a 5 month wait, I need a car now. Thanks to my dealer busting his ass he has found one that fits 99% of the criteria I was looking for.

Unfortunately, the car comes on the 225 square setup wheel package. For my tastes the 19x8 19x9 5-Hole Bright Aluminum Wheels are a must. The 255 rears on those fit the style of the diffuser and look of the car as a whole much better. If I cannot convince him to simply swap the wheels with a car on the lot or out of his limited parts department (brand new dealership) I will be stuck with the small wheels.

My questions is what are my options as far as finding an OEM wheel for this car? I've done some searching and can't seem to find much. The one source I did find was offering the wheels for double the price of the factory option not including tires. Anyone have experience with this or any recommendations?

Thank you!

I am late to this thread but let me agree w/ the op. these ti sport spec cars should have ALL been ordered by the dealers w/ the "staggered" wheel set up. the square set-up does not look nearly as attractive nor would it be as nice to drive.

the bright wheels would also be nice...I have bright 5 holes on my qv located in charlotte, nc.

good luck to the op.

·
Registered
617 Posts
another comment: not only should all ti sports have the staggered wheel set up, they should also be spec'd w/ the q2 option.

I have seen most of the q2 optioned cars over the last year having the square "all season" wheel/tire config which I think is odd. I would assume the staggered wheel cars would be more likely to have the performance wheel /tire config. just my two cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am late to this thread but let me agree w/ the op. these ti sport spec cars should have ALL been ordered by the dealers w/ the "staggered" wheel set up. the square set-up does not look nearly as attractive nor would it be as nice to drive.

the bright wheels would also be nice...I have bright 5 holes on my qv located in charlotte, nc.

good luck to the op.
Agreed. I'm guessing the vast majority of individuals purchasing this car and in particular Ti sports, with performance pack are driving enthusiast to a certain extent. It seems to go against the ethos of a car clearly designed for spirited driving. The chassis, steering and engine have all been honed for a fun drive and that last 1% has been left on the table. A narrow, all season, run flat just doesn't seem..... right. Admittedly in real world driving these differences are negligible, but I like knowing it's there.

Not to be all negative, the narrower tire probably gives the diff more opportunity to get a workout ;)

I've driven the car 250 miles thus far and have nothing negative to say about the experience though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This is one mistake Alfa is making with packaging on this car - every model should have a dark and bright wheel option. I don't prefer the Ti because the highly articulated seat hurts my back, but all the wheel options on the non-Tis are dark wheels. The Lusso seat should be available in the Sport as well.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,738 Posts
FWIW: I am pretty sure that bright wheels are a recent option on the 4 cylinder cars. They were not available when I ordered my Ti Q4 back in July 2017. This may be contributing to the lack of in-stock cars with that option.

Perhaps AR is losing money on the performance pack (LSD + adaptive suspension)? At least according to one forum member in Europe it is more than twice the USA price. It certainly is way cheaper than aftermarket parts could be expected to cost.

The RFT on all 2.0Ts with no option for non-RFT with a flat-fix kit certainly is a questionable call.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did the same :wink2:
Wheels were in great condition, I just had to touch up a couple scuffs. Will get them ceramic coated in a couple weeks and then mount summer tires.
Same here. Got the tenicos, which dealers around my area where qouting anywhere from 5k-8.5k (with tires, tpms and wheel locks). YMMV

1 - 20 of 25 Posts