Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, I have a serious itch to modify the Giulia but there is a serious lack of available mods because the car is so **** new. But in the mean time, I just bought the following:

Black Chrome Stem Caps haha! the color should match fairly well with the dark 5 hole rim which should look nice together with the red caliper-matching lug bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
As I've said elsewhere recently, if your valve caps are aluminium then make sure you apply grease to the inside threads, and regularly maintain them, otherwise you run the risk of any corrosion producing a metallurgical bonding to the valve (steel). If that happens you'll have to cut off the valves.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As I've said elsewhere recently, if your valve caps are aluminium then make sure you apply grease to the inside threads, and regularly maintain them, otherwise you run the risk of any corrosion producing a metallurgical bonding to the valve (steel). If that happens you'll have to cut off the valves.
yep, put a bit never-seez on the threads

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Tire valves arrived. Came in a very nice box similar to how jewelry is packaged at mall stores. The caps have a rubber seal and the quality is very impressive. Will add Permatex an anti seize lubricant on the threads :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! Is that a tire or paint pen on the Pirelli labels?
Paint pen my friend. Bought 2 at amazon. I am deciding on doing the actual model of the tire (P7) as well which is almost opposite of the Pirelli logo. But not 100 percent sure on that yet. I do like the look of the painted fonts opposite of each other. Looks very good when the wheels are moving. But I definitely wanted to rock the Perelli logo and make it stand out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,450 Posts
Paint pen my friend. Bought 2 at amazon. I am deciding on doing the actual model of the tire (P7) as well which is almost opposite of the Pirelli logo. But not 100 percent sure on that yet. I do like the look of the painted fonts opposite of each other. Looks very good when the wheels are moving. But I definitely wanted to rock the Perelli logo and make it stand out.
Nice touch. Please let us know how the paint wears.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,450 Posts
After a Horrific incident with corrosion (with antiseize) I will never put anything but plastic black caps lol. TPMS sensors cost way too much lol.
The caps that came on my car look different from anything I've ever seen. I assume they're not a dealer special touch but am now wondering whether to be concerned about them.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice touch. Please let us know how the paint wears.
Thanks! The paint lasts a year (according to the manufacturer claims) and then you start to see fading and that is with it being exposed in sunlight, washes etc. Since my car spends 95% of its time under garages, I am expecting for the paint to last a bit longer. However, its such a small task to re-touch and its very inexpensive to maintain :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You must have a very steady hand!
LOL! never thought about that. I guess I do :nerd:. I did it under questionable conditions. Low light... I had my iphone on one had while holding the pen with the other hand. And two tires where almost upside down when i painted it :grin2:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The caps that came on my car look different from anything I've ever seen. I assume they're not a dealer special touch but am now wondering whether to be concerned about them.
Interesting... do you have a picture? So you dont have the plastic black caps?

·
Registered
312 Posts
What are your thoughts on rimblades in red, To really make the wheels pop.. i have yellow calipers an a monte blu ti thinking of doing that to mine. Cant find yellow lug bolts like your red ones.. can u direct me to a link or site?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What are your thoughts on rimblades in red, To really make the wheels pop.. i have yellow calipers an a monte blu ti thinking of doing that to mine. Cant find yellow lug bolts like your red ones.. can u direct me to a link or site?
I dont trust rimblades. There are reports of the blades flying off on the highway or a section of the blade coming off and rotating violently which can scratch your fenders etc. Even if there is a 5% failure rate, that is too much for me. In my opinion, there is no tolerance for failure when it comes to parts for your vehicle.

Regarding the bolts. they come in different colors. I found yellow bolts to match your calipers :) same ones i got but the security cap is yellow.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Pcs-M14-...ash=item2a6faaa062:g:Pc4AAOSwOdpXxhR1&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
312 Posts
I dont trust rimblades. There are reports of the blades flying off on the highway or a section of the blade coming off and rotating violently which can scratch your fenders etc. Even if there is a 5% failure rate, that is too much for me. In my opinion, there is no tolerance for failure when it comes to parts for your vehicle.

Regarding the bolts. they come in different colors. I found yellow bolts to match your calipers :) same ones i got but the security cap is yellow.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Pcs-M14-...ash=item2a6faaa062:g:Pc4AAOSwOdpXxhR1&vxp=mtr
Grazie!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts